S

Southwinds

Dec 1, 2019
Gun VS slit wrists?
Which is :
1. More effective?
2. Least painful?

I know a gun will cause pain, but it will only last a nano second if done correctly...

How painful is slit wrists in comparison?

Have a 9mm, gun.
1. Where to point it?
2. Is a 9mm big enough to use?
3. Hollow points better then non hollow points?

Fuck this world. Had enough.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I know nothing about guns but I think slitting your wrists is way more painful. (in comparison to a shot in a head)

Wakawaka

Wakawaka

Student
Dec 10, 2020
slitting wrists can be very painful, ineffective if done wrong, and possible a bit to hard for some people to get to the veins unless you're complete ready to go

Scrubs2016

Scrubs2016

You cannot live without Darkness.
Dec 28, 2020
If you cut one of the main femoral arteries and your wrists, then it would be painful but quick, a gun has a chance it wont work and may leave you worse off or paralysed and unable to CTB again. Worst thing I can think of is choosing to CTB and then be forced into full time care, having no chance to choose. The availability of guns in the UK is limited, so my advise is mostly hearsay.

nicelookinhills

nicelookinhills

boxedin
Jan 1, 2021
gun shot travels faster than your nerves can register. by the time your nerves realise your brains will be out of your head. nerve impulses travel at around 100 m/s whereas guns can fire bullets at >800 m/s. slitting your wrists may be ineffective and far more painful whereas with a bullet all you do is have to make sure you don't blow off your lower face or whatever

Reactions: misophoned, Celerity, jokesonme22 and 2 others
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
If using a scalpel and done quick you won't feel a thing. Just a thud. However your si will go through the roof at that point and blood will go everywhere. If lucky you will sever an artery and die relatively quick if not your going to hospital with a hand all clawed up because the tendons have been severed and more than likely permanent damage because the nerves have also been severed. That's going across the way. Going down the way is more effective because you don't have to go through tendons and so on but you've got to be precise, which means pain, blood and more si.
I'd use a gun.

Reactions: nicelookinhills and Spitfire
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
If using a scalpel and done quick you won't feel a thing. Just a thud. However your si will go through the roof at that point and blood will go everywhere. If lucky you will sever an artery and die relatively quick if not your going to hospital with a hand all clawed up because the tendons have been severed and more than likely permanent damage because the nerves have also been severed. That's going across the way. Going down the way is more effective because you don't have to go through tendons and so on but you've got to be precise, which means pain, blood and more si.
I'd use a gun.
If cut the neck arteries real quick and clean it would probably be lights out and unconscious in 3-7 seconds, I think? Maybe even less than that?

Last edited:
Reactions: nicelookinhills
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Wonder where you can purchase a surgical scalpel. The sharper the cutting object the lesser the pain. The better the precision.

Just food for thought.

Plus unless you're a trained killer, know where to shoot yourself and finding the right angle and position to put the bullet can difficult. I guess a shot will almost always get the job done. But that's up to you. The higher the gauge, the most likely better, if using a shot gun. Depending on the distance and position you shot from.

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
gun shot travels faster than your nerves can register. by the time your nerves realise your brains will be out of your head. nerve impulses travel at around 100 m/s whereas guns can fire bullets at >800 m/s. slitting your wrists may be ineffective and far more painful whereas with a bullet all you do is have to make sure you don't blow off your lower face or whatever
Second this. You're usually dead before the sound of the gun.

Reactions: Celerity
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020

So everyone imagines that guns always make thing explode. But sometimes bullets are precise. Not blowing of you own jaw isn't the greatest problem, it's kinda having a bullet lodge into the middle of your brain and surviving. Most guns make clean precise holes. And if it goes through the wrong part of the brain you want die atleast not from the bullet. Ironically, you might just bleed out.

My brother accidentally discharged his gun in the car, and the bullet went right through the windshield without crack anything.

But your best bet is just to do research, really we all are just sharing opinions. There are risks to everything. You just have to find the ones that you have to be okay living with if you survive.

nicelookinhills

nicelookinhills

boxedin
Jan 1, 2021
So everyone imagines that guns always make thing explode. But sometimes bullets are precise. Not blowing of you own jaw isn't the greatest problem, it's kinda having a bullet lodge into the middle of your brain and surviving. Most guns make clean precise holes. And if it goes through the wrong part of the brain you want die atleast not from the bullet. Ironically, you might just bleed out.

My brother accidentally discharged his gun in the car, and the bullet went right through the windshield without crack anything.

But your best bet is just to do research, really we all are just sharing opinions. There are risks to everything. You just have to find the ones that you have to be okay living with if you survive.
Hollow point may work. I'm pretty sure Those kinds of bullets are designed to like rip out as much stuff as possible. Correct me if I'm wrong tho

Reactions: Celerity and Antigonish
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Hollow point may work. I'm pretty sure Those kinds of bullets are designed to like rip out as much stuff as possible. Correct me if I'm wrong tho
You're probably right. I know almost little about guns.

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
Wonder where you can purchase a surgical scalpel. The sharper the cutting object the lesser the pain. The better the precision.

Just food for thought.

Plus unless you're a trained killer, know where to shoot yourself and finding the right angle and position to put the bullet can difficult. I guess a shot will almost always get the job done. But that's up to you. The higher the gauge, the most likely better, if using a shot gun. Depending on the distance and position you shot from.
The place to find scalpels is on the river selling site. I know this because I got them because I'm a cutter. Sharp as fuck
I plan to use a 9 with hollow points. I highly recommend reading the resource megathread on guns. It will give you plenty of information.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity and Antigonish
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
The place to find scalpels is on the river selling site. I know this because I got them because I'm a cutter. Sharp as fuck
I plan to use a 9 with hollow points. I highly recommend reading the resource megathread on guns. It will give you plenty of information.
OMG! You're my hero. Now all I have to do is find a way to hide it, I can explain the razors, but...

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I buy Swann Morton make. Loads of different types plus you get sterile and non sterile.

Reactions: Antigonish
Odwin

Odwin

Bucket of Chicken
Mar 31, 2021
Always gun. 1Tap is easier than to slit yourself

Reactions: misophoned
rec

rec

Mostly lurking
Nov 2, 2020
if any of you decide to go for slit wrists, you could try using emla cream to numb the skin! it is a topical anaesthetic but I have never attempted to slit my wrists like that before so I can't tell you how deep the cream penetrates the skin. however! I can say that emla cream is quite good if you don't have any other options! you can get it over the counter, too ! :hug: :smiling: