Will-I-Dream

Will-I-Dream

Cartoon Head
Jul 18, 2020
I've ran a successful small business the past 5 years. I loved it, but suffered a lot of anxiety and was prescribed sertraline.

The sertraline "cured" my anxiety but brought on massive depression. I can now barely look after myself, let alone find the motivation to run a business. I'm now burning through my savings and it won't be much longer until I can't afford rent.

Im tapering off the sertraline but the damage to my business and it's reputation I spent years building is already done.

At least when I was anxious I had motivation. Now I have nothing, the trade off was not worth it.

The idea of CTB was a coping mechanism for me, but now the idea is becoming more of a reality as I'm out of options. I don't know what to do and I'm scared.

I just needed to get this off my chest, I have nowhere else to turn.

I wish I'd never asked for help, those tablets have ruined my life.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: NoDream, Lost in a Dream, TAW122 and 4 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
psych meds can be dangerous.

Will-I-Dream

Will-I-Dream

Cartoon Head
Jul 18, 2020
psych meds can be dangerous.

Unfortunately I learned that the hard way. I was prescribed pills after a 5 minute talk with my doctor.

If I'd have been told the risks I wouldn't of taken them.

Maybe I'm just looking for something to blame. But those pills ruined my life.

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape and RileyTanaka
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Extremely sorry for ur situation brother, can't do much but offer a patient ear and prayers ... See if u can meet some better doc or therapist to help u with ur depression. I too suffer from anxiety and depression...

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Sometimes it takes a while to arrive at the right meds. I was on escitalopram first and it made me feel horrible. My doctor switched me to sertraline which was much better for me. After about two years, it wasn't helping much any more. I'm now on duloxetine and that's helping me so far.

There was a short period where I had weaned myself off sertraline and wasn't taking any meds. It felt good to "be myself" but I do think I manage my symptoms better with the duloxetine. Might be worth checking in with your doctor to see if another drug might be beneficial. I know some people absolutely despise psych meds, though. I guess it all depends on your experience.

little froggie

little froggie

it's okay, i don't like me either </3
Jul 21, 2020
argh :(
i'm really sorry to hear that.. it must be crazy rough for you, but if u can hold off and try to make it thru until those meds get out of ur system, it might be worth it..

the sucky thing ab meds to treat mental issues is that a lot of them tend to have rly bad side effects that make it totally not worth it, like yours. there r multiple different options available tho, so it's usually a trial-and-error kind of thing. cuz different ppl are more/less sensitive to different side effects for diff drugs n such. it's awful having to go thru that tho, i wish there was some sort of way to bypass that process. according to my provider, if u have a family member being treated, it might help them know what may have a better chance at working for you. mine aren't even working anymore, so there's that too.. like it rly just sucks so much to be mentally ill.

as for ur business, things may seem hopeless now, but it isn't necessarily impossible to recover. that might be difficult to think right now, but when it comes to things like this, i really believe that you can't truly know until you've actually tried

it's rly awesome that you were able to establish something like that while suffering with anxiety. i know it can be rly difficult to be optimistic while feeling depressed, at least that's how it is for me, so all of this may sound like blabber to you..
i just really wish the best for you

• Hugs
Reactions: LetzteAusfahrt and БойСвежий
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
This is a horrible situation to be in for sure. Starting over or moving on from a loss is so much harder than starting up in the first place. The theme of tablets ruining people's lives does seem to be sadly common here.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that things in your life has taken a turn for the worse, and whatever you choose, make sure you are 100% sure before making a decision as some decisions are not reversible or if done without proper knowledge or planning could lead to making things worse. Either way, whatever you end up choosing, I hope you are able to find peace in your decision. :hug: