Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Is this suggesting that the feeling of 'being defeated' causes death via some physiological mechanism, or that the people who 'give up' die by suicide?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, puppet_nihilist and Swampy
J

Jkennedy

Knocking on death's door
May 20, 2021
It says they get so defeated in life they just give up, not starve just stay in bed till death, says they crap them self's. But I cant see it tbh must be something in it than I really wanna die

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I should've died 20 years ago if it was so easy lol.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think even if one mentally gives up, they can still stay conscious for a lifetime. Many people die inside but they just exist. If only it was that easy, when we mentally deteriorate this causes us to physically deteriorate and die. No instead we have to do it ourselves. I think there is a lot of dead people who are still breathing in this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie and Ame
J

Jkennedy

Knocking on death's door
May 20, 2021
I think even if one mentally gives up, they can still stay conscious for a lifetime. Many people die inside but they just exist. If only it was that easy, when we mentally deteriorate this causes us to physically deteriorate and die. No instead we have to do it ourselves. I think there is a lot of dead people who are still breathing in this world.
I thinks it's real.
I don't think it's that easy tho Carrie fisher gave up on life after her daughter died. But she had sleep apnea!

Reactions: Beachedwhale
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
I thinks it's real.
I don't think it's that easy tho Carrie fisher gave up on life after her daughter died. But she had sleep apnea!
Carrie Fisher had it or her daughter? Did the daughter commit suicide?

Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I've read accounts of survivors in the Nazi concentration camps and there'd be fellow prisoners who (understandably) gave up on keeping on due to all the trauma, the hellish events they witnessed and the perpetual abuse and torture they had to endure.

Other prisoners knew that these inmates were going to die soon and could even identify these people just by the look in their eyes, that empty blank stare, the way they shuffled along like dead men walking. They even had a specific name for them but the name escapes me.

Whether they died just from giving up or a combination of other variables is hard to say with any certainty. But I'm pretty sure "giving up" could set people up for more unhealthy behaviours which could in turn make them more prone to getting diseases/illnesses, such as high blood pressure, heart attacks/strokes, life-threatening infections etc.

I've given up and I wonder when my body will give up, yet I still wake up every morning.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: the_final_countdown, Wrennie, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and 1 other person
J

Jkennedy

Knocking on death's door
May 20, 2021
I've read accounts of survivors in the Nazi concentration camps and there'd be fellow prisoners who (understandably) gave up on keeping on due to all the trauma, the hellish events they witnessed and the perpetual abuse and torture they had to endure.

Other prisoners knew that these inmates were going to die soon and could even identify these people just by the look in their eyes, that empty blank stare, the way they shuffled along like dead men walking. They even had a specific name for for these prisoners but the name escapes me.

Whether they died just from giving up or a combination of of other variables is hard to say with any certainty. But I'm pretty sure "giving up" could set people up for more unhealthy behaviours which could in turn make them more prone to getting diseases/illnesses, such as high blood pressure, heart attacks/strokes, life-threatening infections etc.

I've given up and I wonder when my body will give up, yet I still wake up every morning
Think it's god's will or something when it happens lol

Reactions: Pookie
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
It says they get so defeated in life they just give up, not starve just stay in bed till death, says they crap them self's.
Yes, people just faint & their tortured soul leaves their body on the spot or in a matter of hours. Then someone writes a fabulous aria about it & all the ladies in the opera audience swoon or expire from grief themselves

Reactions: Swampy and Jkennedy
J

Jkennedy

Knocking on death's door
May 20, 2021
Debbie Reynolds apparently died cause she lost Carrie fisher (daughter) just gave up had a heart attack