W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
Just as the title says, assuming I pass out correctly. Seems foolproof.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
The method is clever, but you should keep in mind that if you pass out too fast, there are chances you may wake up due to dilation of cerebral blood vessels caused by changes of O2/CO2 levels.

maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
Nitrous oxide works very short term in other words you can't just take a couple hits & pass out, you'll wake up in seconds as it only works while continuously inhaled.
I hope you find peace & love🌹💔

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
you'll wake up in seconds as it only works while continuously inhaled.
That's untrue, nitrous oxide is almost not consumed, so its concentration in the lungs won't decrease over time during breath holding. It can displace oxygen like a plain inert gas and maintain unconsciousness until breathing with O2 is resumed.

Reactions: Tonkpils
W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
The method is clever, but you should keep in mind that if you pass out too fast, there are chances you may wake up due to dilation of cerebral blood vessels caused by changes of O2/CO2 levels.
Any way to negate that?

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Any way to negate that?
I think, if you pass out with dilated cerebral blood vessels, this should reduce the odds of waking up due to their further dilation. If you hyperventilate and then hold your breath for at least 2 minutes until you start feeling the urge to breathe, this should reduce O2 and increase CO2 levels sufficiently for producing a noticeable cerebral vasodilation, so the vessels wouldn't be able to dilate too much further. Then, if unconsciousness occurs due to inhalations of N2O, it has more chances to remain stable than without such preparation steps. Besides, if you just displace excessive CO2 from the lungs in order to cope with hypercapnia instead of trying to achieve blackout as soon as possible by early hyperventilation with N2O (that induces loss of consciousness by combining removal of oxygen from the blood and cerebral vasoconstriction), this should also reduce the chances of waking up after fainting.