Watcher

Watcher

Student
Nov 17, 2018
do you think it's possible to overcome a mental illness... All I want is to be free, I just want to cry. Why I have done some things I thought they will never happen to me, but they happened... A few months ago, if had the opportunity, I would have committed suicide already. Now I don't know what to do, I can't get up, what I can stand for... I don't have friends, and I'm fighting this fucked up depression. I hate this kind of life. I wish I would never accepted to work in a place were they just brought me down, my way to be... I wish I would never had a car accident. That was the last thing wich drained all my energy, my hope, wich changed all my possibilities. I'm stuck right now, I don't know what comes next. Also I left the university, because I don't want to continue the career I was studying (law)... I was thinking, if I had never studied that career, everything would be different. But I'm tired, everything has gone to shit. Anxiety ended with my life, I have the skills to do something more, but anxiety is always making me tremble. I just want to be happy, to foget everything... 4 years I survived through depression... I'm not crazy I know it. ...

Reactions: Final Escape, Norest4thewicked and About_to_Go
About_to_Go

About_to_Go

It deepens like a coastal shelf
Mar 20, 2018
First of all, you must be very intelligent to have been a law student! I think it's very brave of you to realize that law wasn't the direction you'd like to go and to stop pursuing what you don't want. Like you say, you have the skills to do more, and you will — when it's time. Right now, it's time to rest and get your anxiety and depression managed so you can return to pursue whatever it is you choose. Also, you're not crazy, you know it and I know it!

Good luck! :)

Reactions: Watcher and Norest4thewicked
M

Monstercat

Mar 6, 2019
do you think it's possible to overcome a mental illness... All I want is to be free, I just want to cry. Why I have done some things I thought they will never happen to me, but they happened... A few months ago, if had the opportunity, I would have committed suicide already. Now I don't know what to do, I can't get up, what I can stand for... I don't have friends, and I'm fighting this fucked up depression. I hate this kind of life. I wish I would never accepted to work in a place were they just brought me down, my way to be... I wish I would never had a car accident. That was the last thing wich drained all my energy, my hope, wich changed all my possibilities. I'm stuck right now, I don't know what comes next. Also I left the university, because I don't want to continue the career I was studying (law)... I was thinking, if I had never studied that career, everything would be different. But I'm tired, everything has gone to shit. Anxiety ended with my life, I have the skills to do something more, but anxiety is always making me tremble. I just want to be happy, to foget everything... 4 years I survived through depression... I'm not crazy I know it. ...

I really identify with this statement. I know I can do more. I'm in the 99% percentile iQ. Why can I do anything successfully? It's anxiety. I can't stick with one course of action because the anxiety overtakes me and leaves me unable to do anything at all. I've struggled along for years ... not able to hold down a job or anything successfully. The irony is that because I'm "too smart" I find repetitive (ie low stress) jobs too boring and after six months I become too depressed to go to work. Anything more complex, I find too stressful. I guess, what I'm saying is. I understand what you're saying. It's hard. Anxiety is something that is very hard to deal with. It's very hard to find medications that control anxiety. I really understand what you're saying.
you can overcme some kinds of mental illness like depression because of bad things that happened to you but if its a genetic reason why you have mental illness (like me) then likely not
no< you arent crazy ... try the medications and find a good psychiatrist

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape, Watcher and About_to_Go
bubbletea

bubbletea

Student
Feb 18, 2019
First of all, you must be very intelligent to have been a law student! I think it's very brave of you to realize that law wasn't the direction you'd like to go and to stop pursuing what you don't want. Like you say, you have the skills to do more, and you will — when it's time. Right now, it's time to rest and get your anxiety and depression managed so you can return to pursue whatever it is you choose. Also, you're not crazy, you know it and I know it!

Good luck! :)
Hey, could you pm me ?

Reactions: Monstercat
M

Monstercat

Mar 6, 2019
If you got into Law School you are very capable and very intelligent. Try the medications and give it some time. Be kind to yourself and try to surround yourself with kind and helpful people. Sometimes we just have bad things happen and it catches you off guard. Anyone can develop depression and anxiety. You aren't crazy. Hang in there with treatment and if they first doctor doesn't work, try another. I really believe that it can be overcome if you are able to get some help. Its ok to ask for help and also just keep people around you that are kind to you and supportive if you can. hang in there