• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
1. Forced prefix - Just a suggestion. Some subreddits make you choose a prefix for your thread title before you are allowed to post. I think this would make a good impact on the suicide discussion subforum because it looks to me too cluttered and i often find unhelpful and unproductive threads.

So many of the threads there are just venting, which i don't have an issue with, but i think a clear prefix would make it easier to sort. This is especially important when we talk about methods and trying to find the right information to help us CTB.

2. Stickied Megathreads - might also be a good idea. a Pegasos megathread right now, for instance, would probably clear up 5 or 6 separate threads made in the past day about Pegasos.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
For what it's worth, I'm not a supporter of the first idea. I'm actually hoping for a coloured prefix for goodbye threads to highlight them. But if all threads suddenly came with coloured tags to them it would become far more cluttered and indistinguishable, imho.

On the second idea I feel we already have this in the form of the stickied resource thread/wiki containing all links to the most relevant megathreads/resources, not to mention the search function as such. Megathreads are fine, but the original information can't be updated/edited after a certain timeframe and with the amount of responses it's probably tedious to read through 50+ pages worth. And of course, some people do make excellent new posts on some topics which might be better suited than the older information available. These certainly deserve their own threads and not attached to page XX of a megathread, imho. But older threads still contain valuable information and everyone is prone to an oversight on a new thread, so who's going to sort out hundreds of pages worth on what's relevant or not? I feel the best way is to keep adding excellent threads to the resource pages and basically read as many of these as possible to get a good overview.

B

Berlin76

Wizard
Aug 18, 2019
1. Forced prefix - Just a suggestion. Some subreddits make you choose a prefix for your thread title before you are allowed to post. I think this would make a good impact on the suicide discussion subforum because it looks to me too cluttered and i often find unhelpful and unproductive threads.

So many of the threads there are just venting, which i don't have an issue with, but i think a clear prefix would make it easier to sort. This is especially important when we talk about methods and trying to find the right information to help us CTB.

2. Stickied Megathreads - might also be a good idea. a Pegasos megathread right now, for instance, would probably clear up 5 or 6 separate threads made in the past day about Pegasos.

Yeah about venting or story etc go to off-topic section instead in the suicide section. Good idea

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
And of course, some people do make excellent new posts on some topics which might be better suited than the older information available. These certainly deserve their own threads and not attached to page XX of a megathread, imho.

I agree with this, the problem im finding is that most method threads are getting buried under multiples of the same kind of venting/story threads, every day. Even just sorting it with tags would make it easier, IMO.

People to their credit respond quickest to others being in pain, but it makes for a really convoluted research effort if you're just trying to figure out how to die effectively.

thelastchicken

thelastchicken

Dec 26, 2019
Maybe create the possibility to add tags to the threads and a function to filter displayed threads by tags?

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
On the subject of megathreads, I know we have one for members to ask what's happened to them, but having a sort of memeber cemetery, ok maybe not that exact wording, but somewhere we can post about all our friends we've lost share memories, music etc. Would be nice for us to be able to congregate in one place.

voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
I agree with this, the problem im finding is that most method threads are getting buried under multiples of the same kind of venting/story threads, every day. Even just sorting it with tags would make it easier, IMO.

People to their credit respond quickest to others being in pain, but it makes for a really convoluted research effort if you're just trying to figure out how to die effectively.
Don't know if this is feasible, but maybe the simplest solution would be a helpful method/resource counter (MRC©)? People could upvote the main post/thread as helpful in this regard and when one applies the term in the search bar the method threads would show up ranked in accordance. A dig like system, but without any negative ratings. Might also be more realistic having the community sort out the threads than the mods, and we'd get to keep the older threads.
On the subject of megathreads, I know we have one for members to ask what's happened to them, but having a sort of memeber cemetery, ok maybe not that exact wording, but somewhere we can post about all our friends we've lost share memories, music etc. Would be nice for us to be able to congregate in one place.
Yeah, Stan suggested something similar:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/remembrance-wall.21979/

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020

I am in favor of a forced prefix. Not only will the forum look more organized, I can tell what type of thread something is by simply looking at the colored prefix and not needing to click through it.

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
Hi, I am no longer going to comment in these feedback threads, but i hope the discussion generated has been helpful and productive. Hopefully mods can chime in at some point with their views, if this is something they think is worth pursuing.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
Hi, I am no longer going to comment in these feedback threads, but i hope the discussion generated has been helpful and productive. Hopefully mods can chime in at some point with their views, if this is something they think is worth pursuing.

Look on the bright side, one comes here searching for a method, but finds a lovely community instead due the cluttered nature of the forum. :)

Always enough time to ctb later.

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
Don't know if this is feasible, but maybe the simplest solution would be a helpful method/resource counter (MRC©)? People could upvote the main post/thread as helpful in this regard and when one applies the term in the search bar the method threads would show up ranked in accordance. A dig like system, but without any negative ratings. Might also be more realistic having the community sort out the threads than the mods, and we'd get to keep the older threads.
BAD idea. It's one thing when we talk ABOUT methods; we at least have plausible deniability, that we're sharing how dangerous the methods can be. It's another thing when we have a list posted front and center for members to look at. That would make us look like we're promoting suicide. Which will give the pro-lifer governments political leverage to shut this site down. "For our own good", of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: houseofleaves
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
How can I change the prefix of one of my threads?
I believe you click on the three dots at the bottom of the post, then click edit and then you can reclick on the prefix to change it

SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I believe you click on the three dots at the bottom of the post, then click edit and then you can reclick on the prefix to change it
Thank you for your time! Are talking about the PC version or smartphone version of the website?

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
Thank you for your time! Are talking about the PC version or smartphone version of the website?
I'm pretty sure it's the PC version that I'm thinking of. I didn't know there was different versions so I hope this one can work for you ❤

• Hugs
Reactions: SipSop
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
Personally I don't agree and think it looks fine. As another user mentioned, forced prefixes might make the forum appear more cluttered. I think it's a nice option to have but a lot of questions are kinda a mix of several topics that could work under any.

Rather then placing all vents into the off topic section which would definitely be more cluttered, they should go into their respective section. Venting about wanting to get better? That's recovery. Venting about how bad you want to CTB and some backstory? That's under Suicide discussion in my books. "Off topic" in my eyes was anything unrelated to the two, such as music, games and other questions.