L

losingsteam3141

Grad Student USA
Aug 30, 2024
I was wondering if you guys have any housekeeping tasks to do before its time? I don't want to forget anything and want my affairs sorted out. I'm trying to brainstorm and so far I have:

-Final letter(s)
-Cancelling subscriptions and services
-Resignations at employment/school
-Funeral wishes
-Selling possessions

Reactions: wCvML2, iloveloving, peacetoall and 1 other person
R

rollingthunder

May 3, 2023
Some suggestions from my own notes, some might be more applicable for you than others.
  • last will and testament
  • delete social media accounts, or write down their passwords if you want to pass them on to your friends/family
  • gather and wipe all electronic devices, and/or write down their passwords
  • write down account information and passwords for banking information, billing information, credit cards, etc to give to friends/family
  • close out credit cards if possible
  • collect important documents and put them all together (passport, birth certificate, driver's license, social security card, financial/legal documents, medical documents, documents pertaining to residence and/or vehicle, etc)
Please note that if you want something specific to be done with your possessions/finances after your death (like certain things going to specific people), it's best to get an official last will and testament, rather than just writing it in your final letters. A final letter is not considered legally binding.

Reactions: peacetoall and losingsteam3141
L

losingsteam3141

Grad Student USA
Aug 30, 2024
Some suggestions from my own notes, some might be more applicable for you than others.
  • last will and testament
  • delete social media accounts, or write down their passwords if you want to pass them on to your friends/family
  • gather and wipe all electronic devices, and/or write down their passwords
  • write down account information and passwords for banking information, billing information, credit cards, etc to give to friends/family
  • close out credit cards if possible
  • collect important documents and put them all together (passport, birth certificate, driver's license, social security card, financial/legal documents, medical documents, documents pertaining to residence and/or vehicle, etc)
Please note that if you want something specific to be done with your possessions/finances after your death (like certain things going to specific people), it's best to get an official last will and testament, rather than just writing it in your final letters. A final letter is not considered legally binding.
Those are great suggestions, thanks! I definitely want to scrub any internet presence I have.

Reactions: rollingthunder and Fall_Apart
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
I guess that's the upside to having no friends, no family, and no money. Nothing further to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: losingsteam3141 and locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Dying is pretty much the "ultimate resignation letter" for employers, or school.

Reactions: rollingthunder, wCvML2, Nikitatos and 2 others
peacetoall

peacetoall

May 24, 2019
* get my cats a new home
* convert all my money to USDC or BTC and leave it to my parents/siblings
* leave note explaining why and other important notes

Reactions: losingsteam3141
L

losingsteam3141

Grad Student USA
Aug 30, 2024
I guess that's the upside to having no friends, no family, and no money. Nothing further to do.
In some ways I wish I didn't have family that cared about me. Knowing how my parents react will hurt the most.
Dying is pretty much the "ultimate resignation letter" for employers, or school.
True, Id just rather let them know as soon as possible and hear it from me instead of finding out.
* get my cats a new home
* convert all my money to USDC or BTC and leave it to my parents/siblings
* leave note explaining why and other important notes
Do you know where your cats' new home will be? My two dogs live with my parents so they will be ok. Maybe I can arrange that they smell my body so they understand that I'm dead. I also need to let my parents know that if one passes, the other should smell so they can understand.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
That's funny. That's exactly how I thought of it. I gave my two weeks notice about a week ago. Everyone is replaceable.

Reactions: wCvML2 and locked*n*loaded