Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Have you ever been in a situation or an environment where you feel as if your boundaries and privacy are not acknowledged? Because this is the way I feel right now, and it is fueling my already suicidal mind.

I do not want to be friends with them. I do not consider them close, but I feel pressured into acting as if I do! I really hope I can move away from the few family that I have and develop some form of identity of my own before my death.

• Love
Reactions: FuneralCry and GenesAndEnvironment
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I understand the feeling. It's in my personality where I easily find other people exhausting and I always have a need to isolate myself. I am a very private person and even know they mean no harm, when my parents are bothering me a lot and pestering me I can feel trapped. Around certain people I feel like I need to act a certain way and it can be tiring.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
If there's one thing I'm good at it's creating space for myself. It's a real problem in many ways, I wouldn't consider it a strength at all. We need some privacy of course, that sounds like an awful situation and I would go insane very fast in that shit. Try to separate the perceived pressure from real threats.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yes, I understand the feeling. It's in my personality where I easily find other people exhausting and I always have a need to isolate myself. I am a very private person and even know they mean no harm, when my parents are bothering me a lot and pestering me I can feel trapped. Around certain people I feel like I need to act a certain way and it can be tiring.
I can understand where you are coming from.

This might sound weird, but I feel very uncomfortable when acquaintances just know something - anything - that is happening in my life... Not that there is anything happening, but it is the principle. The last part of your post resonates the most with me; except for me it is not that I become tired faking an act, but it makes me anxious that I cannot be myself, or that others think a certain way of me that is not true.

If there's one thing I'm good at it's creating space for myself. It's a real problem in many ways, I wouldn't consider it a strength at all. We need some privacy of course, that sounds like an awful situation and I would go insane very fast in that shit. Try to separate the perceived pressure from real threats.
That is some good advice Genes. In my situation right now the pressure is not just perceived unfortunately. There is a certain family member that dictates to me what boundaries I should have, and who is allowed to know about things that have happened in my life that I consider sensitive and private topics. If I try to defend myself it usually results in an agitated, or sometimes downright aggressive response. It is really hurting my sanity. For example: there are people that work at the same place as I do who might be under the impression that I am outgoing and enjoy sharing stories relating to my life, but this is not the case. Instead it is just that my personal business has been gossipsed about even though I did not want this to happen.