O

Oyashiro-sama

Student
Aug 16, 2018
I spend most of my time depressed, and in some moments, for a few minutes I feel a lot of euphoria with very simple stimuli like music or any nonsense, does it happen to you too?

Reactions: weedoge, RottingFlowerBrains and Soon4me
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Yes it can happen specially with food

Reactions: weedoge, RottingFlowerBrains, Soon4me and 1 other person
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Yes it can happen specially with food

Agreed. I spend most of my time eating tiny bits of unhealthy food to feel better. It works less and less as I overuse the tactic, but I can't stop that now, or else I'd break down completely.

Reactions: Soon4me and Oyashiro-sama
O

Oyashiro-sama

Student
Aug 16, 2018
Agreed. I spend most of my time eating tiny bits of unhealthy food to feel better. It works less and less as I overuse the tactic, but I can't stop that now, or else I'd break down completely.

Dopamine pure and hard.

Reactions: Soon4me and RM5998
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
It happens but very rarely and it's very shortlived (usually lasts about a minute or so).

Reactions: Soon4me and Oyashiro-sama
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
Yes sometimes,with food drink or music.Especially cheesecake and coffee.And all types of music.But as others have said it is also shortlived
for me.

Reactions: RM5998, Desperate_Soul and Caustic Cardinals
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
Yes sometimes,with food drink or music.Especially cheesecake and coffee.And all types of music.But as others have said it is also shortlived
for me.

too short like little death

Reactions: RM5998 and Soon4me
Lunar

Lunar

Student
Aug 14, 2018
Anhedonia makes this really difficult. I listen to music and have trouble remembering what I've just listened to, watch movies and shows and they might as well be still frames, food I eat because it's there and so forth. I think honestly the only thing that provides me with temporary relief is hurting myself (the release of endorphins), but I'm doing it so much now that I have to keep doing more and more to feel it. I feel like I'm that desperate to try and escape from my own head even if it's only for a second.

Reactions: RM5998 and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I spend most of my time depressed, and in some moments, for a few minutes I feel a lot of euphoria with very simple stimuli like music or any nonsense, does it happen to you too?
Yeah, I don't really get it with food like other people, although I do still comfort eat if I'm able. Never normally have enough stuff to snack on for it to make me feel good. I'm usually hungry tbh. but with music and movies I'll get bursts of emotion lol.

Slayer

Slayer

Sep 13, 2018
I randomly laugh out loud when I think of something funny. It happens for years.

RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Anhedonia makes this really difficult. I listen to music and have trouble remembering what I've just listened to, watch movies and shows and they might as well be still frames, food I eat because it's there and so forth. I think honestly the only thing that provides me with temporary relief is hurting myself (the release of endorphins), but I'm doing it so much now that I have to keep doing more and more to feel it. I feel like I'm that desperate to try and escape from my own head even if it's only for a second.

I started using a more blunt knife because I discovered that it would itch more, and there would be a longer period of scratching at my arm in between periods of me cutting it up. I've started sticking to wearing full-sleeved t-shirts now, although it's unlikely people will notice if I don't do that.

I've started engaging with movies intellectually instead of emotionally. There was a time when the ending of Inside Out would fill me with a surge of joy and sadness (pun intended), and now all I can think about is the way the story is paced and what it wants to elicit in me. I still like the movie, and am able to appreciate stuff that I didn't before (like the Chinatown reference), but it's like the movie can't make me feel anything - and I'm pretty sure it isn't because of familiarity, because I'd seen the movie more than a few times before, and it had had the same impact on every viewing. It makes analyzing film easier (and thus makes watching stuff like 2001, Melancholia and Enter the Void easier), but there's a lot of times that I think that I'd rather have the ability to feel the way I felt before.