elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Ever since starting medication for my depression I developed what I can only describe as emptiness. It's like a void in my chest, a dagger in my heart. When it hits at its highest intensity, I become paralysed, stare into space focusing on the pain, and sometimes I start to cry because of how bad it hurts. It's now one of my main causes of suicidal thoughts, but I feel so alone in feeling this pain.

Does anyone else experience this?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Escape Artist, Brink and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Have you told your psych about this? They should prescribe you new meds.

I used to take lorazepam 4mg and risperidone 3mg and I just wasn't myself anymore.

Meds are supposed to give us a push, not turn us into zombies.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tortured_empath and lobster salad
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Antidepressants can cause that. For me, Prozac and Cymbalta caused this feeling. Perhaps you should consider switching to another antidepressant.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Emotional pain to the point of crying is something I am very familiar with. Have had this for four or five years, comes from not having a romantic relationship in combination with maternal abandonment at an early age. Maybe the cause is different in your case but I'm guessing it's some kind of loneliness/absence. Meds are most likely not the root cause.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, UseItOrLoseIt, lobster salad and 2 others
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Emotional pain to the point of crying is something I am very familiar with. Have had this for four or five years, comes from not having a romantic relationship in combination with maternal abandonment at an early age. Maybe the cause is different in your case but I'm guessing it's some kind of loneliness/absence. Meds are most likely not the root cause.
I've never really craved a romantic relationship or anything, I'm asexual and aromantic. Don't know what else would be the cause if not meds
Have you told your psych about this? They should prescribe you new meds.

I used to take lorazepam 4mg and risperidone 3mg and I just wasn't myself anymore.

Meds are supposed to give us a push, not turn us into zombies.
I think it started when I was on Lamotragine, but I was taken off that and it didn't go with it, it actually got worse. Then I started Aripiprazole a few weeks ago and it feels like it's gotten worse again. Sorting out meds in the UK takes forever, got no hope there

Last edited:
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I've never really craved a romantic relationship or anything, I'm asexual and aromantic. Don't know what else would be the cause if not meds
Not having close friends, parental neglect at an early age, etc. If nothing comes up then I guess it could be the meds somehow.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and elfgyoza
DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
I struggle with feelings of emptiness. It's like there's a void inside of me. It's like something is missing. I'm fundamentally broken and empty inside. I don't have anything useful to say other than you're not alone in this feeling.

• Love
Reactions: elfgyoza
Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Nov 27, 2019
I'm here with you. Sometimes my chest is so heavy I can't breathe and I can't move. There is so much pain and all I can is cry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and elfgyoza

◄✵火✵〇°Ø•WÅR•Ī°〇✵火✵►

Student
Feb 22, 2021
Pats for you, op. I hope you feel better soon.

9629e80dbe24f32a009ac51ee633a32dfbe1773f_hq.gif

• Love
Reactions: elfgyoza
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I'm here with you. Sometimes my chest is so heavy I can't breathe and I can't move. There is so much pain and all I can is cry.
I'm sorry you feel it too. One of the most painful things I've ever felt, it hurts so bad and you can't even describe it to other people, they'll never know just how painful it is

• Love
Reactions: Carrotcake
calssilva

calssilva

Student
Dec 16, 2020
Sorry to tell, but about emptiness, meds can't help you...it is more likely that u have facing this feeling for a long time but only pay attention after started to take these drugs