• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
@yive decided to start the thread. So people link your fave electronic music; old school house music, cheesy commercial dance, pretentious Warp records- you name it!

Aphex Twin is probably my favourite - the maestro. If I get my hands on some N. I will have this on my playlist so it might be the last thing I ever heard which is fine by me:

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Yeah definitely a top 10 Aphex Twin jam, no dobut.
Absolutely LOVE the way he used a pair of electronic drum sticks to tap out that rhythm literally on the inside of his tank. One of the coolest and most unique sounds I have heard integrated into music.

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Absolutely LOVE the way he used a pair of electronic drum sticks to tap out that rhythm literally on the inside of his tank. One of the coolest and most unique sounds I have heard integrated into music.
Umm... not sure I believe that. He is infamous for talking utter shite. Bless him! :-P

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Feb 4, 2020
Well, if you listen to the sound, it DOES sound like he is tapping something very large, metallic and hollow. Plus, we're talking about Rick James here. I can totally see him doing some crazy shit like that!:pfff:

• Yay!
Reactions: Shadowplay
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Well, if you listen to the sound, it DOES sound like he is tapping something very large, metallic and hollow. Plus, we're talking about Rick James here. I can totally see him doing some crazy shit like that!:pfff:
It does legit sound like that - which is why the tall tale works.

80333fcd7174148a41ef675dde05ce0d--rick-james-james-darcy.jpg

motyxia

motyxia

less than him
Oct 14, 2021

trauma ALT (9:23 -10:34) is my favourite from RUBBER ALT, whole thing is fun to listen to

avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Feb 4, 2020
Just reading about their far-reaching influence on music. I'll have to view that diagram on my computer. Lol
Major influence on Trent Reznor. He even collaborated with them.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Hmmmmm.....my favorite Apex song is probably:

also one of my favorites.

tha is one of my all time favorite aphex tracks.
and the autechre song was 25 years ago the moment i fell in love with electronic music sitting heavily stoned in the back of a car and listening to this song.
and finally squarepusher which also kicks my ass since then.

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
also one of my favorites.

tha is one of my all time favorite aphex tracks.
and the autechre song was 25 years ago the moment i fell in love with electronic music sitting heavily stoned in the back of a car and listening to this song.
and finally squarepusher which also kicks my ass since then.

'Tha' also one of my faves. I downloaded Squarepusher on Spotify a few weeks back; this post reminded me to get on it. Autechre dope as well of course. This thread is something of a Warp Records love letter and I ain't complaining.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
'Tha' also one of my faves. I downloaded Squarepusher on Spotify a few weeks back; this post reminded me to get on it. Autechre dope as well of course. This thread is something of a Warp Records love letter and I ain't complaining.

hehe. yeah seems like a warp fanclub developing here.

i also had for some time a serious amon tobin addiction ^^

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
@DocNo I've only listened to 'Bricolage' by Amon Tobin because Pitchfork gave it 10 when they reviewed it.

I found this on my brother's Warp records before I was into electronic music. Still one of my favourite electronic tracks.

DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
@DocNo I've only listened to 'Bricolage' by Amon Tobin because Pitchfork gave it 10 when they reviewed it.

I found this on my brother's Warp records before I was into electronic music. Still one of my favourite electronic tracks.

bricolage was back then my entrance to amon tobin. cause i am a basshead the baseline at 1.46 in one small step blew me away.

and going through my list some other tracks i still like.

Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021

This kinda hurts my ears, my bowels and my soul, but it sometimes hits right.

Reactions: avoid_slow_death
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020

I should make a spotify playlist of this thread. I haven't gone very far into discovering electronic music but there is some stuff I love. Including some Amon Tobin and Autechre that have already been mentioned here.