• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
First a quick blurb about why I am on this site...I was sexually and verbally abused as a child. I had some really serious emotional problems when I went to college. I developed anorexia, binge eating and came really close to becoming bulimic, I had a lot of depression and rage, I have had suicidal thoughts since I was 14, I was asexual most of my life because I was terrified of intimacy. I worked through a lot of my emotional problems without therapy. But I started having physical health problems in my mid twenties. I had a heart attack at 25. I had cancer and gallbladder disease. I dealt with these issues by eating healthy and detoxing as much as I could. 15 years later I am still dealing with Lyme Disease, heavy metal poisoning and hypothyroidism. My boyfriend killed himself 8 months ago. I am completely ruined financially, unable to work, living with my sister with no control over my environment. I feel I have done everything in my power to get myself out of the abyss I am in. I'm too tired to try anymore. I just need the suffering to end. But I wanted to throw an idea out there for people who have emotional trauma. One of the methods I used to work through my emotional stuff was Faster EFT. It is a method that integrates the most effective elements of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), BSFF (Be Set Free Fast), NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming), spiritual understanding, science and the mind's great ability to transform itself. Some people call it "tapping". You tap on meridian points as you say different phrases. You can actually change your memories using the Faster EFT method as opposed to the original EFT. It really does work fast. There are a lot of videos of it on YT. You don't have to see a professional to do it. You can just follow along with a video until you understand how it works.

allgood

allgood

Student
Jul 17, 2019
Don't want to be negative as I'm sure it works for some, but it is just pseudoscience according to most in the field. May as well try it I suppose.

Last edited:
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm glad tapping worked for you! It's not for everyone, but when it does, it seems to work really well. We learned how to do it the last time I was in a partial hospital program. It does not do anything at all for me, unfortunately.