ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I've got a f2f appointment tomorrow and she's going to need to touch my neck and my chest and my back. I haven't had anyone near me like that for over a year. I feel like I'm losing the plot already. What if I hit her or freak out or something. I'm freaking out already. I've got to do it I'm really unwell I just don't think I can have someone in such close proximity to me trying to touch me. I don't know whats wrong with me. Everything is messing with my head. I don't feel like a person. I know I don't matter it feels awkward for nothing. If I have got something wrong with me I'd rather them find it too late anyway. I reckon si gets forced on you for other people if it's physical and they are ruthless about fighting that shit. I don't want to go the surgery but the pain is unbearable. Fml

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, LittleBabyNothing and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Do you live alone?
Don't you have any family members or friends around? Let them hug you and touch you your neck, back, etc so that you get used to that feeling!

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
Be honest with them beforehand and agree that if you say stop they do, take control of the situation, set your boundaries.
You could also request someone else in the room if that makes you feel more at ease.
Remember why they are touching you, their intent is to help you, they wish you no harm. You need to have your pain investigated, i hope it's something easily treatable.
Before the appointment try to avoid anything stressful. Rest and be kind to yourself, talk about your anxieties, don't let it build up and escalate inside.
Sending you hugs and stength. Really hope you get through it ok and get some resolution to the pain.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
Do you live alone?
Don't you have any family members or friends around? Let them hug you and touch you your neck, back, etc so that you get used to that feeling!
I live with a teenager and a kid. Only the younger one ever comes near. I have nobody who I would allow that close. I feel like the anxiety is making it spread.
Be honest with them beforehand and agree that if you say stop they do, take control of the situation, set your boundaries.
You could also request someone else in the room if that makes you feel more at ease.
Remember why they are touching you, their intent is to help you, they wish you no harm. You need to have your pain investigated, i hope it's something easily treatable.
Before the appointment try to avoid anything stressful. Rest and be kind to yourself, talk about your anxieties, don't let it build up and escalate inside.
Sending you hugs and stength. Really hope you get through it ok and get some resolution to the pain.
On the phone today I cried at the thought of going in to the receptionist after she'dmade out I wastryingto get in the surgery to see a dr when a phonecard was fine. I told her how about I don't want anyone to go near me and I'm worriedI'm going to have to come in. I had to them what I was afraid of. I'm trying not to freak out but I am totally. I wish I could stop it

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife and Lostandlooking
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Don't worry, I too had an awkward experience last year when my doctor touched my balls and told me to cough to the side. My wife got jealous.

• Yay!
Reactions: Whole-Ad
ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
Don't worry, I too had an awkward experience last year when my doctor touched my balls and told me to cough to the side. My wife got jealous.
Oh my god like you didn't have enough to worry about

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
Minimal contact, thank god. She was amazing and I feel better that I went. I've got to have blood tests and xrays and she didn't touch any bad areas. Thanks for your support guys. I feel ridiculous x

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleBabyNothing, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, angelfeather and 2 others