Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
My method will be Nitrogen and exit bag. I have read that tests or dress rehearsals should be conducted beforehand. I am not able to do that. I only have access to one 20 cu tank of N and unable to purchase or get more. My test will have to be conducted at the time of CTB. I am scared something could go wrong, but I can not waste the gas to do testing. Are tests before hand absolutely necessary? When using other ways to CTB tests are not conducted you use what you have and you are either successful or you aren't. Not everyone is able to do tests. Just getting what I have was a struggle for me. I'm not able to waste what I have or get more.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Testing is a good idea. Even if you do not use any gas, going through the preparations is helpful. When that day comes, the only new thing will be turning the valve.

Reactions: Celerity and Mare Imbrium
Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
Testing is a good idea. Even if you do not use any gas, going through the preparations is helpful. When that day comes, the only new thing will be turning the valve.
Thank you, yes that's what I've done. All the testing accept turning on the gas and I hope I won't have any problems with opening the valve or any leaks ect..

Reactions: Mare Imbrium and Worndown
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Thank you, yes that's what I've done. All the testing accept turning on the gas and I hope I won't have any problems with opening the valve or any leaks ect..
You don't have to test the bag with an inert gas. If you're looking for leaks, you just need to inflate the bag with an air compressor or something. Just make sure not to use too much pressure or you might actually create some leaks. At 15 LPM, it's designed to be positive pressure so it would have to be a really big leak. As it is, there's a leak built in, around the neck. The whole point is to keep the N2 flowing into the bag at a high enough rate to offset outgassing due to breathing. As long as you don't have obvious holes in your bag other than the one your neck goes into, and you've followed the instructions, you should be set.

• Love
Reactions: lofticries and Butterfly65
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I plan to do the same thing but with a gun. I'll drive to the location and practice shooting myself with an empty gun.

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
I plan to do the same thing but with a gun. I'll drive to the location and practice shooting myself with an empty gun.
Personally I think I would do that practice in front of a mirror to work on getting the aim just right.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Personally I think I would do that practice in front of a mirror to work on getting the aim just right.
I will do that too. I just want the setting to be right more for the psychological aspect of it.

Reactions: Thanatonaut