Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I'm wondering who is going to have to look at my body after I'm gone. I don't want my spouse to have to do it because acrimonious as our relationship is, I don't want them to have to see my corpse. If I write a note next to the bed asking the coroners to not have that person be responsible for viewing my body, would that be good enough for them to respect that? Sorry if this question seems dumb. I don't understand the legalities of death.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ame and Isisnefert
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
I
Me pregunto quién va a tener que mirar mi cuerpo después de que me haya ido. No quiero que mi cónyuge tenga que hacerlo porque, por muy amarga que sea nuestra relación, no quiero que tengan que ver mi cadáver. Si escribo una nota al lado de la cama pidiendo a los forenses que no hagan que esa persona sea responsable de ver mi cuerpo, ¿sería suficiente para que respetaran eso? Lo siento si esta pregunta parece tonta. No entiendo las legalidades de la muerte.
I Am worried about this too

Reactions: Mixo
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I mean I don't see why a loved one would have to look at your dead body if you leave some identification of some kind. Leaving behind a wallet and such with id/drivers license would be enough to know who you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isisnefert
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Too bad there's aren't any lawyers who are suicidal on here. :-/

Reactions: LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Too bad there's aren't any lawyers who are suicidal on here. :-/
I'm thinking there must be a few, they may just not want to disclose their title for privacy reasons and the possible onslaught of advice fishing, which I would probably be guilty of myself if given the opportunity to speak to someone knowledgeable. I still have so many questions and concerns and I wish there was a way to assert more (legally binding) control over my postmortem situation.

GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
I wish this was the case for many families and loved ones who have messed us up. I'm sorry. I know that's mean but its true. They should have to see the dead body, police photos, view it at the morgue before they fix it or whatever.

"This is how bad it was!"
"This is how they felt from the crap you caused!"
"This is your child!"
"Good job!"

Sadly, unless your family finds you at home, only the police will see the body and call the proper offices to clean it up ( hide the shame IMO). Usually the police and coroners take everyone out of the house first.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I wish this was the case for many families and loved ones who have messed us up. I'm sorry. I know that's mean but its true. They should have to see the dead body, police photos, view it at the morgue before they fix it or whatever.

"This is how bad it was!"
"This is how they felt from the crap you caused!"
"This is your child!"
"Good job!"

Sadly, unless your family finds you at home, only the police will see the body and call the proper offices to clean it up ( hide the shame IMO). Usually the police and coroners take everyone out of the house first.
Is this the case in the UK? They might do things a little differently over here.