shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
I know shotguns are more reliable but I need something small and I read that .38 are good? 0B884DF0 C4D2 4119 892D F14E15388895

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I read somewhere that they were not recommended for shooting yourself in the head, but that may not be true. And you have to target the medulla oblongata. Take care

G

gaminggamer

Jan 24, 2023
it's powerful enough sure, just be careful since it's not uncommon to cause a lot of painful damage but miss the kill with guns

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
It'll do the job as long as you aim properly. If you have the money, I would personally go with .357 or .44.

Reactions: gracefulexit and pthnrdnojvsc
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
JSG E1
Looks like the one Nicky shot himself with in the Deer Hunter, lol

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
I was hoping to spend under $300. Is there anything specific you'd recommend?
Gotcha, at that price point I would either stick with the revolver or choose Roughneck that can shoot .357 over the .45. Comfort wise the revolver definitely will feel better in your hand, but suppose that doesn't matter much here.

A

All_is_in_vanity

Jan 9, 2023
Not even close. A revolver for that much? Is it a gun or a metal BB gun? 200 for a bullet gun seems suspicious

shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
Gotcha, at that price point I would either stick with the revolver or choose Roughneck that can shoot .357 over the .45. Comfort wise the revolver definitely will feel better in your hand, but suppose that doesn't matter much here.
I might end up being able to do under $400, but that involves waiting longer so we'll see.

Is it silly that I like the aesthetic of the revolver? I'm going to blow my brains out. That's not a pretty picture.
But for some reason I want the gun to be pretty.

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
I might end up being able to do under $400, but that involves waiting longer so we'll see.

Is it silly that I like the aesthetic of the revolver? I'm going to blow my brains out. That's not a pretty picture.
But for some reason I want the gun to be pretty.
Ha no I get it, there is something romantic about the act in some weird way with a nice firearm. Or maybe our brains are all fried idk.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I'd get over the revolver fetish and, for that price, get a shotgun for assurance. Of course you're free to do as you desire.

Reactions: phlid
shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
I'd get over the revolver fetish and, for that price, get a shotgun for assurance. Of course you're free to do as you desire.
I would but I need to get something smaller that I can put in my normal purse to avoid suspicion when I leave.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
it's not fake it's just shit
Do you have any recommendations? Would it do the job or no?
I don't know anything at all and I don't want to accidentally ask weird questions at the gun shop/range I want to attempt to go to.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

line-chart-all.jpg

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Do you have any recommendations? Would it do the job or no?
I don't know anything at all and I don't want to accidentally ask weird questions at the gun shop/range I want to attempt to go to.
It's not a good revolver but you need it for one purpose/bullet, not a self-defense situation or a competition. Difference between good and mediocre guns are their ergonomics, accuracy, reliability, etc. Even as cheap as this revolver is, it's still incredibly unlikely to malfunction right out the box. It wouldn't be my ideal choice but it will do the job as long as you aim right.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I was hoping to spend under $300. Is there anything specific you'd recommend?
If your deadset on guns, you can deff get a single shot 12 gauge for way less than 300, and that's going to be way less likely to leave you injured/ paralyzed

Reactions: phlid
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
If your deadset on guns, you can deff get a single shot 12 gauge for way less than 300, and that's going to be way less likely to leave you injured/ paralyzed
They need something that fits in a normal purse. I've honestly never held a single shot folding shotgun, think they could fit in a purse folded or know of any real small model?

shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
They need something that fits in a normal purse. I've honestly never held a single shot folding shotgun, think they could fit in a purse folded or know of any real small model?
Thank you for being so helpful.
I'm thinking maybe I should try to save more money to buy at least a slightly better handgun, or I should try to work on my plan to be able to use a shotgun. Which I don't have any ideas for now but maybe something will come to me. I still feel like handgun will end up being the best option.
Ever since I decided to get a gun my head has been clearer, and I feel less impulsive and more willing to wait and plan longer.

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Thank you for being so helpful.
I'm thinking maybe I should try to save more money to buy at least a slightly better handgun, or I should try to work on my plan to be able to use a shotgun. Which I don't have any ideas for now but maybe something will come to me. I still feel like handgun will end up being the best option.
Ever since I decided to get a gun my head has been clearer, and I feel less impulsive and more willing to wait and plan longer.
No problem. Just to understand better, you were looking for something small since you live with people and don't want them to see the firearm when you leave to use it?

shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
No problem. Just to understand better, you were looking for something small since you live with people and don't want them to see the firearm when you leave to use it?
Yes, exactly. And although they shouldn't go in my room, they might if they're looking for something(which we've always allowed and trusted and I think changing that would be suspicious) so I want to make 100% sure I can tuck it away somewhere they won't find it until I'm ready to go.

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Yes, exactly. And although they shouldn't go in my room, they might if they're looking for something(which we've always allowed and trusted and I think changing that would be suspicious) so I want to make 100% sure I can tuck it away somewhere they won't find it until I'm ready to go.
Makes sense, do you have a car with a closed trunk that no one else would usually go into?

shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
Makes sense, do you have a car with a closed trunk that no one else would usually go into?
I don't have a car at all. That's one of the tricky things. The idea I've been thinking about is going about 40mins away to smaller town/city in the mountains, because there are hiking trails and I'd like to find somewhere that no one can find me until the police get there.
I originally wanted to do it at home but I've realized that would be traumatizing for who lives there.
But I'll need to take an Uber or somehow get a friend to drive me and not raise suspicions.
Going out hiking by myself is already out of character.
But people know I've also been having a hard time after some losses and am trying new things.
They think I'm trying to turn over a new leaf or something and really I'm just trying to get at least some small bucket list stuff done.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
ah, my bad. guess i didnt see that it needed to be small enough to fit in a purse.

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
I don't have a car at all. That's one of the tricky things. The idea I've been thinking about is going about 40mins away to smaller town/city in the mountains, because there are hiking trails and I'd like to find somewhere that no one can find me until the police get there.
I originally wanted to do it at home but I've realized that would be traumatizing for who lives there.
But I'll need to take an Uber or somehow get a friend to drive me and not raise suspicions.
Going out hiking by myself is already out of character.
But people know I've also been having a hard time after some losses and am trying new things.
They think I'm trying to turn over a new leaf or something and really I'm just trying to get at least some small bucket list stuff done.
Yeah that's a tight spot, unless you had a large camping pack it's tough to travel with a shotgun without people knowing and it sounds like people would find it weird if you got one. Good call not doing it a home though.

shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
Yeah that's a tight spot, unless you had a large camping pack it's tough to travel with a shotgun without people knowing and it sounds like people would find it weird if you got one. Good call not doing it a home though.
Exactly. I'm thinking maybe I should just save and spend more money on the handgun. I understand where to aim it but I definitely want to be sure.

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Yeah $400 will get you a budget .357, $550-600 for a .44 magnum which is considered overkill for home defense so powerful as hell.

shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
Yeah $400 will get you a budget .357, $550-600 for a .44 magnum which is considered overkill for home defense so powerful as hell.
Would either of these work better or would an extra $40 be worth it?
FD60E790 2606 4321 A2CB 7D88399519B2 67CBD0F2 0A4D 4655 A6CF 98A0A51C61EC

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Would either of these work better or would an extra $40 be worth it?
View attachment 142346View attachment 142347
Taurus doesn't have the best reputation regarding quality, but it's probably better than the 1st revolver you had found. Same deal where the likelihood of having manufacturer issues out the box is still really low, but if you aren't sure you'll be able to test fire it you may want to go higher quality if you're worried.

shelterwhereisleep

shelterwhereisleep

May 6, 2024
Taurus doesn't have the best reputation regarding quality, but it's probably better than the 1st revolver you had found. Same deal where the likelihood of having manufacturer issues out the box is still really low, but if you aren't sure you'll be able to test fire it you may want to go higher quality if you're worried.
Do you think I'd be able to simply buy a gun, take it home, and not fire it until the day?
It seems like for me, for places I can get to, I can either online order one to an outdoor type store, and I guess do the background check thing and take it home?
Or, I can order online at this gun shop/shooting range, and I don't even know if this is how it works, but I maybe it seems like I could buy the gun and then also try it? Obviously that'd involve talking to more people which I don't love.
But I don't have anywhere private that I can take to practice with it.