AtLeastThere'sSalad

AtLeastThere'sSalad

Dec 10, 2020
Doctors are people and they have their own biases. They want so badly for me to have OCD. They desperately want me to be worried about killing people and worried about seeing things but I'm not worrying that I might so something bad, I want to. When I talk about my psychosis or suicidal ideation or homicidal ideation, they tell me "everyone has those thoughts sometimes."

I think the issue is they're so used to normal problems like temporary stressful situations, especially crisis counselors. Crisis counselors suck. They deal with people having their first panic attack, so they just know how to say, "take it one step at a time" and "that sounds really scary" and "use your coping skills." There aren't any good resources for people like me with chronic mental health issues. I have a personality disorder, and that makes me feel extremes all the time, so I try to do what I'm supposed to do to deal with it but they don't do shit.

I was diagnosed with a cluster B personality disorder at 13, but my psychiatrist revoked it because "kids can't have personality disorders" and even if I did have it she was "scared of what it would mean" for my life. I haven't had help because the fear surrounding mental health is still prevalent even among doctors. When I look up how to deal with something, all the resources are clearly aimed at people in a temporary spell of depression or anxiety because something stressful is happening and they don't know what to do because they're been so sheltered their whole life their biggest issue so far has been petty drama.

Wtf am I supposed to do? There is nothing for me. I have to hide who I am because doctors won't treat someone who is psychotic or homicidal or has a personality disorder. How am I supposed to get better? I can't.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, demuic, LastLoveLetter and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Sorry you're going through this.

I think the NHS has to be rebooted, start from zero. It just doesn't work.

I had to lie to my ex therapist and psychiatrist for 6 months so as not to end up in a psych ward and be free again!

Reactions: AtLeastThere'sSalad
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel the same way about doctors. They lack understanding and compassion and are only focused on money. There should be more research into treatments for these type of problems as people will just end up suffering. Most therapies use the one size fits all approach so they don't help that many people. There is too much stigma against mental health disorders. I wish you the best and I hope you can find help.