Sslsh

Sslsh

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
My dad likes to brag about me to literally everybody, even though I'm an UTTER failure at life. People know that I've been jobless at home for a year and have done nothing of any significance in my 25 years of existence. Yet he brags about silly boomer stuff I do for him like help him find shit on Amazon or answer some stupid trivia. And then people laugh at me behind my back for this very reason, because their own kids are actually living life and have a job, and here I am, a basement dweller, who's dad thinks he's the second coming of Einstein because I know boomer stuff he doesn't.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers, FuneralCry, EraseRewind and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, I've been treated like a trophy more than once, especially by my mother.
I have a brother and she loves comparing me to him or brag about my "achievements" with my family and neighbours!

I guess I just got used to it. It doesn't happen very often now, though.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: EraseRewind, Sslsh and lanax09
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
Yes! My mum always says I'm the best thing she has ever made. I guess she just has no ambitions.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry and EraseRewind
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I wish my parents treated me as a trophy... They usually treated me as a garbage.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: FuneralCry, EraseRewind and ExhaustedExistence
EraseRewind

EraseRewind

Circling the drain
May 13, 2020
I'm treated totally the opposite, most people who know them now think they only have one child not two. I'm not a black sheep, more like the embers of the black sheep. It can be pretty tough, but we get the cards we deserve.

• Hugs
Reactions: ExhaustedExistence
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
My sister, not me. I haven't really done anything worth bragging about. I don't even have any interesting hobbies either or personality traits which they could talk about. I'm basically just a living corpse who spends all day stuck in a room. I know if I did more things they would brag to other people. They are that type.

• Hugs
Reactions: EraseRewind
azazel_djinn

azazel_djinn

May 13, 2021
Yes! my mum always likes to compare with and judge other people's children. I think this is one of the major contributions to my intense fear of judgement from other people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sslsh, thelastofit and FuneralCry