Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 13.8%

• Total voters
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Or do you treasure experiences that made living worth it?

As for me, I should have ended as a blood clot running down my mother's leg.

I just hate being faced with this awful choice. Continue to live miserably alone and eventually die that way or end it now with a 45 to the brainstem? What a fucking choice!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Studio84, FuneralCry, Circles and 16 others
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
I wish I could've pre-lived or simulated my entire life from start to finish while I was in the womb and then have the option to abort myself if I didn't like the outcome. If I could've seen that this would be my life I 100% wouldn't have been born (if I could have chosen that is)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, FuneralCry, voyager and 8 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
This one is paradoxical for me. On one hand, I think maybe my mom should have had an abortion before I was born, because boy, this life has been Hell and I feel I have ruined others lives along the way just by being me. On the other hand, I did have an amazing time with my ex for a few years and yeah, the memories we made are ones I will probably focus on as I die. I want to go happy.

Edit: I guess I am saying I wish I hadn't, but I am glad in a sense that I did.

• Hugs
Reactions: Studio84, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Celerity and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
This one is paradoxical for me. On one hand, I think maybe my mom should have had an abortion before I was born, because boy, this life has been Hell and I feel I have ruined others lives along the way just by being me. On the other hand, I did have an amazing time with my ex for a few years and yeah, the memories we made are ones I will probably focus on as I die. I want to go happy.

Edit: I guess I am saying I wish I hadn't, but I am glad in a sense that I did.
Sounds like the "undecided" option is for you. I wish I could find love, however brief.

letied

letied

I tried.
Apr 8, 2021
I wish it hadn't existed. I have nothing to make me think that life is worth it. I mean I love small things, but they are not enough for me.
I can't erase my existence, so suicide is what I have.

Edit: My life has been hell too.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic, Studio84, FuneralCry and 8 others
929er

929er

a gnome
May 1, 2020
if i was never born i wouldn't have to be responsible of my own existence that i didn't even ask for. would've loved it if my mother had been merciful enough to get an abortion or something. that way i wouldn't be here trying to find a way to cease to exist that will actually work instead of leaving me still here but in a way worse and more helpless state than i already am.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Studio84, FuneralCry and 5 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I answered no because I try to face things as they are and it hurts to wish things were otherwise.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've actually had some good experiences scattered over the years and there certainly have been things about life I've enjoyed but overall it still feels hollow yet I think I would probably still prefer to live just under different circumstances and with the option to end it whenever I please.

• Hugs
Reactions: bad luck, Studio84, FuneralCry and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Yes. I mean no ...Actually I am unsure.

I dislike living for many reasons, and the thought of not existing brings some level of comfort. The problem, though, is that if I had not existed then I would not have meat certain great people, and experienced happy, memorable situations; this side of it brings a feeling of fright. Not just this, but I like who I am - to an extent, so not existing would erase the time that was used to built myself up to this point. Again on the other hand: there are some very nasty flaws within me, which developed in the past, and those are the components that I would very much like to remove.

My thoughts on this question are conflicted. I am glad that I have had the chance to exist, but there are certain fragments of myself which I wish did not.

• Hugs
Reactions: Studio84, FuneralCry, it's_all_a_game and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm totally undecided.
I mean, I'm suicidal and hate this life, sure but...

Isn't it weird and amazing just existing? We kicked the asses of millions of spermatozoons so as to be born! Existing in this world is practically impossible and yet here we are!

I guess I'm glad to have been born and been able to have experienced this thing called life. However, I've had enough. I will never get the answers I want. This universe is ridiculous. There's neither anything nor anybody that can make me stay on this blue rock.

My only hope is dying and see if I get some answers to these infinite mysteries of life, death, the universe, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: bad luck and Ame
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Yes but more than that I wish suffering didn't exist

• Hugs
Reactions: bad luck, Studio84, FuneralCry and 3 others
D

Dutchyala

Mar 6, 2021
I wish I wasn't born at all. The good memories are not worth the pain that followed. Mostly even enhance the pain now when I think about them.
I was only truly happy when I was a child and maybe I could say dying young would be worthy, but this would have caused my parents a lot of pain and I wouldn't want that for them. In my early teenage years, I often felt sad when thinking of suicide and ending my life and my dreams. Many call that a negative feeling "self-pity". I realized it was because I was the only one who loved myself a little at that point. I don't anymore. Life is hell.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deadly_Intention, Studio84, FuneralCry and 4 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Absolutely. I've experienced some wonderful things here, but they don't even come close to the stupid amount of suffering. I can't accept my suffering, nor can I accept that others have suffered. Their suffering, different from mine, shows me what this universe allows. Take the holocaust as just one example. If you ask me, seeing that atrocity is already enough to turn one's back on life. Reality allows THAT? Then what horrors might it have in store for me? Yeah no thanks, I'm out.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Studio84, FuneralCry, it's_all_a_game and 4 others
nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
I don't wish I'd never lived. The time I had was worth the crap I've had to deal with. I just don't think I can do much more.

• Hugs
Reactions: Studio84, voyager and sunsetintehwoods
Deadlyroses

Deadlyroses

Sad Millennial
Mar 28, 2021
I absolutely wish I had never been born. I've wanted to die since I was a child. I hate living in this world with every ounce of my being. I'm too unintelligent, reclusive, depressed, and anxious for this world.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: bad luck, Studio84, FuneralCry and 2 others
charlotte greentea

charlotte greentea

Misery Chick
Apr 2, 2021
I wish I would not have been born if only so I wasn't kept on earth out of obligation to those that love me.

Reactions: Studio84
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
No l wish I'd been born 100yrs earlier when there wasn't all this Damned technology!

Reactions: bad luck, Deadly_Intention and GenesAndEnvironment
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I've been saying I feel like I don't belong here for the longest. So yeah, I'd be cool with not having been born at all.

• Hugs
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
I'm one of the few ones who is glad to have experienced life. Even though there has been more torture than anyone should bare I am glad to have experienced love and all of the good things while I still could enjoy them. Now it is all hollow and painful and I wish to leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: Studio84 and voyager
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
YES, no question about it. For the last five years I would have pressed the red button at any second, I had no experience that I would want to stay alive for during this time. Before that I was a stupid child, so I didn't consider suicide. And I wasn't a super happy kid, either, lots of anxiety and spent all of my time playing Call of Duty.

Reactions: yive, Studio84 and Celerity
O

OblivionSeeker

Aug 8, 2020
Count me among the ones that wished to have never lived. Lots of people love life. I have enjoyed life for only short periods. but not in a long long time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Studio84, Celerity and hatelife
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
All the fucking time, so yes

• Hugs
Reactions: Studio84 and OblivionSeeker
Deadly_Intention

Deadly_Intention

Apr 10, 2021
In all honesty, I don't see the point in living at all. I mean we all are forced to work to earn an income in order to buy food in order to live.
Some people don't get high paying jobs or have over commitments which drain their finances, so they don't even enjoy their life at all cos permanently working. It's a choice right, well not always. I'm talking 12-18 hours a day and even working weekends.
You'd think you'd be rich working like that, but sadly not always a reality.

On the other end, the more you earn the more you want so you're never really satisfied, you always want want want....

All of us human beings live to work no matter which way you look at it to me... So really how nice is living?

Then when you are old enough to finally stop slaving and working you think you finally gonna travel and see the world, then realise you aren't wealthy enough to just go spending or if you've been in a high stress job for the last few decades your body won't even be healthy enough.

Guys really, life is just work until you die. There may be few good times in between but it doesn't balance the scale. I'm not blind to some good times in between, but if we look at the average as a whole it's not all that nice. Well not in my life at least, and there is no "life is what you make it" either. Cos if you're a parent you know how much you have to sacrifice to try and prevent your kids from living your sorry existence in a perpetual loop. Again, it's your choice right? Depends, but doesn't matter cos you pay the price anyway I just don't get it logically... Sorry for the downer on this post

Reactions: bad luck, Studio84, FuneralCry and 3 others
DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
Yes more than anything in the world I wish I had never lived.

• Hugs
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Yes, although I love many things but life itself is faulty and a mess.

sunsetintehwoods

sunsetintehwoods

Same rules apply
Feb 22, 2021
No. World itself is not dead and cold place, sometimes it even pretty enjoyable.
I just pretend to know when I need to be stopped.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Yes.
If, as they say, life is a ride, in my case it's just a nausea-inducing downward spiral.

Reactions: Bigpink, Celerity and yive
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Have you read the book Better Never to Have Been: The Harms of coming into Existence, by modern philosopher David Benetar?

In the book he discusses a concept known as assymetry. Basically, if a potential human life is not brought into this world, they will be deprived of both pain and pleasure.

Benetar argues that the absence of happiness is inherently neutral, but that the absence of suffering is a universal positive.

Therefore, by never being born, you would be spared of the unnecessary suffering that is basal to life, so the loss of potential happiness (enjoyment is never guarenteed in life) is worth the benefit if you view the problem through the lense of negative utilitarianism.

From both a philosophical and personal perspective, I know that I should have never been born. Yes, I've had some good times, but I do not think they could ever outweigh the tragic or mundane events that have composed the majority of my life.

For every positive memory, I have about 20 horribly scarring ones to compensate for it, a constant reminder that I am damaged beyond repair. When people tell me that the majority of individuals believe that life is worth it, regardless of the amount of suffering one endures, I wonder how much time they've actually spent experiencing severe pain, abuse, sickness, poverty, etc.

If I was never born, I would not have to know the humiliation of being disabled and treated like a burden, nor would I ever have to comprehend how it feels to be in agonising pain everyday.

Life is truly just a Russian roulette. You could end up being privledged and oblivious to all the dangers lurking around every corner, or you could end up in such a state that you have to contemplate your own death in order to get any semblance of relief. This is why I am antinatalist and would never bring another human into this world.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SheJumped, Studio84, FuneralCry and 5 others