Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
Since I first became suicidal a few years ago I have read about hundreds of ctb cases.
Sometimes I am amazed by the courage and determination some people have.
They just decide and do it in some very scary methods, methods which I personally will never have the courage to do.

It makes me wonder if some people are simply genetically less afraid of ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry, WornOutLife, newave3 and 3 others
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Yes, absolutely especially this guy.

TAMPA, Fla. - Police were unable to save a man as he tried to take his own life along a Sulphur Springs bridge this morning.

According to Tampa police, it was just before 11 a.m. when the unnamed man doused himself with something flammable, wrapped a chain around his neck, set himself on fire, and jumped from the bridge near Rowlett Park Drive.

Officers cut the man down and performed CPR as he was taken to the hospital, but he did not survive.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Now that is a interesting question, I like it a lot, I am too dumb to think of something of that nature. My answer is that since each person is so unique and other things like cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure can be handed down from one generation to the next, why not. I have high blood pressure, and I was told it was genetic in nature why I got high blood pressure. Sounds logical to me. Walter

Reactions: newave3
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
I think a big component of this is how much you are suffering, when I had a really bad anxiety 24/7 without any reason, I was ready to slash my arteries open. Now even though I'm suicidal I wouldn't be able to. But a genetical component would also make sense..

Reactions: Fehler and newave3
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It could be!!!

I'm not scared of death but the pain!!

I really admire people who can just jump, get drown, stab themselves, etc. I have no clue how they get the guts to do it!!!!

92MS

Jun 5, 2020
It might be genetic but i think stupidity is usually the biggest factor, when you do your research you learn the risks more and get scared from trying the more risky methods but if u just had a really bad day and without thinking you might get more courage to do some risky stuff

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There is a possibility I guess. I think certain personality characteristics are wired into our brain, which could explain for example how some people get scared more easily than others and this could impact our survival instinct when we want to ctb. I do think people lose the fear to ctb when they become absolutely desperate and they want to end their pain. People are prone to acting impulsively then.