• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah we had this question in school a lot. I can remember I had an argument with my best friends. To that time I was a conservative and he a lefty. I am now a lefty too. Lol. I cannot remember his argument exactly. It was one of these three: 1. Germany will never start a world war again. 2. Germany will never do a genoicde against jews again (I think this was it but not sure) or 3. Germany will never do a genocide in general again.

The reasoning was: Germany has learned its lesson. We talked a lot in history classes and civics about the Nazi crimes. I disagreed with him. I think Germany could start all of these 3 things again. I don't think we are immune to it. Lets wait and see how high the inflation will rise. Lets wait how much climate change will fuck us. I think especially extremists could profit from both a lot.

I think there are several reasons why we don't have learned our lesson for sure. The generations of vicitms will be dead soon. I think the people will get more numb to it the more time passes. The German people like to feel morally superior. We see to what things this can happen in Ukraine. Always wanting to profit from trade etc. but avoiding the dirty work. Pointing at the Americans how bad they are but not even spending enough money to protect oneself.

I think Germany has several problems. A wrong understanding of pacifism for example. There are many intellectuals who suggest that Ukraine should surrender in order to save lives. They behave pretty arrogant in my point of view. It is always easy to point at them and leave some smart-ass comments. Honestly if Germany was attacked by Russia and they killed civilians on the street there would still be a huge part of the population who would argument for negotiations.

There is antisemitism from the right and from the left. I think the antisemitism from the right is more deadly but the antisemitism of the left is culturally more accepted. For example there are problems with antisemitism that stem from the fact we have many refugees from the Middle east. Just talking about this issue can be seen as being a racist. It is a topic with many nuances. But I think there a lot of problems in this country. I think the more time passes the less we will remain immune of extremism.

There is a party from the extreme right in the parliament. This is unique for the post world war era in my country. When we talked about this phenomena in school many people would not have believed that history can repeat itself.

There is a good saying from Mark Twain. History does not repeat itself, but it often rhymes. I think this also was the conclusion of my teacher.

What do you think on this topic?

PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
The short answer is that Germany cannot do those things any longer as they are now Americans. Any war or genocide that occurs there will only be a by-product of commerce and will be tied together with the rest of the interlocked countries around Germany.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Leaving out the Holocaust, there have been countless historical figures who have done basically the same thing as Hitler. Genghis Khan, Napoleon... in fact, every present-day nation-state is the product of bloodshed and thievery. Australia is no exception; why do you think we are speaking English right now?

So no need to pick on Germany just because its expansionism was the most notorious example of our modern era. Obviously, there's the fact that with modern technology, far more damage can be done as well. All in all, I would vote for Germany and Japan as two of the most constructive contributors to today's society. One gives us the EU, the other gives us Hello Kitty.

A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
wantorakkumaindo nitsuite hanasu op (•ิ_•)

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Germany has a very tumultuous history, one of the most messed up among the European countries, but at the time being it is in a very good place politically, economically and socially, and has everything going well for it (well, unless some other countries that shall not be named really are going to plunge everyone into WWIII). It is impossible to say that Germany will never start a global conflict or a genocide, because trying to predict what happens after a couple of generations pass is basically divination, but I don't think it will happen within our natural lifespan, if Germany gets messed up it will be someone else's fault this time.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Germany has a very tumultuous history, one of the most messed up among the European countries, but at the time being it is in a very good place politically, economically and socially
Oh boy.

OhBoy

No.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Oh boy.

View attachment 98810

No.
I don't know. I see how this might cause some problems, but it's not that bad, in my opinion. At least not "Germany might be moving towards a new genocide" kind of bad.
I might be missing something though.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Oh boy.

View attachment 98810

No.
The interesting thing is there are some Muslims which are critical of new migrants. This is especially the case for some Turkish communities and other ones. Some of the people who live here for a long time are hesitant of refugees. (their parents were often refugees themselves)

For example in past decades most Turkish communities voted for the social democrats. Though this has changed. Many vote now the christian (!) conservatives. I think the reasons are they are more strict on crime and new migrants. Moreover probably economical reasons.

Last edited:
GermanHanger

GermanHanger

Sep 23, 2022
Being a German myself, I hope and pray, that it will never happen again. But can you tell it for sure? I don't know. Like in many other countries, we have a party in our parliament, that stands on the very right and you can find lots of nazi tendencies in their program. I'm verysure, that there's no danger of Germany starting a war, but who knows what will be in 20, 30 or 50 years?

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I don't know. I see how this might cause some problems, but it's not that bad, in my opinion. At least not "Germany might be moving towards a new genocide" kind of bad.
I might be missing something though.
There will be civil war or bloodshed in the next 20 years in all countries where Muslims are a large and growing minority. I don't know why people aren't more intolerant towards Islam, it is everything the Western Left supposedly stands against.

Reactions: newave3
CowsAgainstCapitali

CowsAgainstCapitali

Dec 11, 2022
I apologize for replying to an old off topic thread. I'm new here.

Could Germany do a genocide again? Yes, because Germany has a State. The US has and will do genocide again. This is the guaranteed outcome for at society who chooses to rely on a State. Dance with the Devil, burn in Hell forever.

Anarcho-Communism is a two word solution. It means different things do different people, but it can accurately e translated into two very simple tasks: abolish all governments forever, and be nice.

As long as we have elections we will have gas camps.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Arcanist
Aug 28, 2021
When China and the USA has erased each other mutual we may find another chance.