CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Once in awhile, I think about a person I saw on here I want to say sometime after this website opened. I remember the parts that said "I don't want anyone here to be sad for me, I have made my peace with my decision and I have accepted that life is not for me. I'm going to go out in beautiful nature" and all this other stuff and it pisses me off to this day because this person sounded like such a nice guy/girl and life fucked them over. That's why I don't really look at posts like that I just get so angry that they were made to feel like that was the only option and I hate having emotions.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: weirdoldguy, divinemistress36, Talvikki and 3 others
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
i agree with ya. lots of nice people on here who have just been dealt a shitty hand in life.
its depressing that we live in a world where a site like this even needs to exist

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, Talvikki, Waterfall500 and 2 others
heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
Yes. I think of puffyclouds quite a bit. I don't have a computer, just my phone, so I have to go out of my way to see if I have a private message. Well, I only just discovered a few days ago that she had sent me a private message the night she died when I tried everything I could to get her to stay, a lot of people did. At first it seemed like she changed her mind...then not. But seeing that message was extremely hard for me because it brought me back to 2000 when my best friend ctb and I felt like I failed him.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SmallKoy, CatLove56, Talvikki and 1 other person
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
Yeah there are a good few I think about. Venin was just a wonderful person to chat to and seemed like an all around nice guy. Hi-okbye, Lra, was an incredibly thoughtful human with a wonderful artistic talent. ItsJustMiMi/Mi Mi was a beautiful soul who spoke so eloquently abut her struggle and was always kind in every interaction I saw of her. The world got a little dimmer each time one of them left but I'm grateful they are free of pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Talvikki, lynnschronicles and whywere
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
There's only one person I can name specifically that I grew fond of who is unconfirmed. They were really struggling though, so if they are gone I truly hope they finally have some peace. I stopped looking at goodbye threads a long time ago as it is just too difficult. Way back around the time I joined I used to read and interact with them and there were a couple people who started to panic or regret midway through and it was heartbreaking.

• Hugs
Reactions: Talvikki, lynnschronicles and whywere
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I think a lot about users that have left. They remind me of the weight and reality of ctb.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: meltskelt, Talvikki, lynnschronicles and 1 other person
nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
MistyMoo and I were talking up until they ctb recently. I miss them. The more we talked, the more it seemed we could have been could friends - we even lived close to each other.

I also think of 2ndme because her death was so sad. She seemed so sweet.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CatLove56, Talvikki, whywere and 1 other person
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I agree and am the same as @willitpass, as it is way too difficult for me to read goodbye threads. If I can make it, I always will leave a message of support and say that I am around if one wants to talk or anything of that nature.

We are ALL family here and looking out for each other is what makes this site so human.

I always wish the very best for everyone where that may lead, as I am 100% pro-choice. Let each and every soul make their own path without ANY outside influence ever.

Lots of thoughtful well wishes and kindness to each and every soul on this site.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CatLove56 and Talvikki
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Yeah there are a good few I think about. Venin was just a wonderful person to chat to and seemed like an all around nice guy. Hi-okbye, Lra, was an incredibly thoughtful human with a wonderful artistic talent. ItsJustMiMi/Mi Mi was a beautiful soul who spoke so eloquently abut her struggle and was always kind in every interaction I saw of her. The world got a little dimmer each time one of them left but I'm grateful they are free of pain.
Yeah Mi Mi personally helped me greatly... gave me a great gift. I'm really thankful for her kindness and generosity. I'm sorry for her struggle. It's really sad... She was so sweet and genuine 🥀

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Talvikki and absolutelyyou
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Yes I do, I lost one of my closest friends on the forum and I still miss her everyday. I get angry because it was very preventable if the mental system had just taken her seriously. I know she would've rather gone for recovery if she was able, instead they pushed her over the limit...

• Hugs
Reactions: Talvikki and lynnschronicles
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
Yeah Mi Mi personally helped me greatly... gave me a great gift. I'm really thankful for her kindness and generosity. I'm sorry for her struggle. It's really sad... She was so sweet and genuine 🥀
Mi Mi will live in our hearts forever and knowing her I do think she'd be moved to tears at the idea. I will carry her spirit as long as I'm here cause the world needs her spirit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Talvikki, DefinitelyReady and lynnschronicles
iamanavalanche

iamanavalanche

fast words, deliverance
May 20, 2024
i was friends with someone who passed. i think about him every single day. he was the sweetest soul and i loved him very dearly.

• Hugs
Reactions: lynnschronicles