U

unusally alive

Jun 4, 2024
Ofcourse there are people whose pain won't matter if you are gone, but what about the ones that do? Do you feel guilty, would you keep on going just for their sake, only to eventually give up the moment they are gone? Does it even really matter...

A

Artemisia

Experienced
May 24, 2024
No. I've lost what mattered the most to me, my indepence and a life with a bare minimum of quality (I'm in constant pain and exhaustion, I can't really do much more than this and watching TV), forcing me to keep withering until I die would be selfish if them. I understand how hard it is to let go, yes I can still keep a conversation, but I have no joy in this existence anymore. It's hard, but it'd be cruel of them, knowing that I always said I'd end my life when a time like this came, to try and force me to stay. One of the closest people to me already helps with getting stuff from the supermarket, cleaning my house, etc and keeps saying he can and will do more. And I tell him he can't live life for me, I have not what I consider a life worth living anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022
I don't feel like I'd be much fun or use to others, even the ones I care about, being likely forever unemployed, friendless and without romance.
Existing as a (poor) machine for others for at least a few decades more feels like a worse option than dying while having at least a little potential left and some good memories of me in some people's minds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240616_220122_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240616_220122_Chrome.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Nothing can matter to anyone once they no longer exist, and we are all going to die anyway. What comforts me about not existing is by that point existence will no longer be my concern and all will be forgotten about, death is the end to all meaningless suffering.