Well, do you believe in any religion?

I'm not, I'm an atheist.

Reactions: ThisIsTheEnd, KCN, Soon4me and 4 others
wezel

wezel

Experienced
Aug 14, 2018
Certainly not.
Religion is poison, it killed more people in history than any other movement, philosophy or creed.
Religion stands for hypocrisy, intolerance and irrational thinking.

Reactions: skitliv, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Mayfil and 8 others
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
No. I'm an atheist. I have no problem with religious people, but the fundamentalists are problematic...

Last edited:
Reactions: skitliv, retarddd, Midnight and 3 others
O

Oyashiro-sama

Student
Aug 16, 2018
Certainly not.
Religion is poison, it killed more people in history than any other movement, philosophy or creed.
Religion stands for hypocrisy, intolerance and irrational thinking.

True, religion has done much harm to humanity.

Reactions: throwaway123, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Comatose11 and 4 others
Q

QueenEtna

Gone
Jul 29, 2018
Yes I am a pagan.

Reactions: Dani Paradox, Deutsch, Sidestep and 3 others
T

Tiburcio

I believe in universal meaningless. Nothing more.

Reactions: throwaway123, FullFat, Deutsch and 4 others
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
Nope. Atheist.

I have never been religious but if anything depression en suicidal tendencies have only strengthened my atheism.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a atheist vs religious discussion because there's been enough of that lately and it aint helping anybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dani Paradox, FadedMemory, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 2 others
D

Deleted member 847

No. Not an atheist though as I do believe in an idealistic reality (Mind equals Reality) and share views from the occult and gnosticism

Reactions: Tiburcio
RageQuit66

RageQuit66

Jul 28, 2018
All I'm gonna say is that I think there's more to existence than meets the eye. I sometimes think, not believe, that consciousness has to exist for the universe to do something. What that something is I don't know, maybe it is for us to suffer. I am however staunchly atheist and consider myself a pessimist nihilist. All I truly know is that I know nothing. All I can do is think about why or what or how anything is the way it is. I look at this existence with open eyes and all I see is void. I believe humans created religion to cope with this reality. That's why there are so many religions cause so many people want to fill that void with what they want to perceive. I also think that most of the heads of those religions have caught on and believe it's all bullshit. So in effect all they are left with is to manipulate and control the populace and feel that power that they can't have when they confront the void. All in all I 'believe' every religion is a farce and nothing more than words. The universe however is not dictated by our words it is totally different than anything we could possibly imagine. You ever see the ending of 2001 a space odyssey movie when he experiences the weirdness of what nature is? When I first saw that it blew me away to think that what he must have witnessed and only got a glimpse of what was and is. And even at that that scene what nothing more than human creative thinking and I believe that this universe is far weirder, far more crazier, far more existence than we can even to begin to imagine. All of our science is but a tiny tiny blip of knowledge compared to whatever the fuck this universe is. It could be a simulation upon simulations. Or a dream by another being in another reality. Or a multiverse fractal where every possibility is played out. Or maybe none of this actually exist and we are the voids way of coping with itself especially since it can't feel or suffer. So many goddamn possibilities and I'm just scratching the surface. Nature is far grander than human imagination and it sucks not knowing or being part of the action and how humans are so disconnected from whatever the universe is experiencing in its totality. Again all I know I that I know nothing. Absolutely fuckng nothing.

Reactions: throwaway123, Deutsch, oothecae and 2 others
D

Deleted member 847

No one knows anything, we're ants, our science is the science of the 5% of the 0.0001% of the things that we can measure

Reactions: Deutsch, ThisIsTheEnd and Justanotherconsumer
O

okyeah

Arcanist
Jul 20, 2018
I wish I was delusional enough to believe in God lol

Reactions: FullFat, Deutsch, toolateforme and 1 other person
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
I don't believe in any religion.
But i like Hare Krishna music and dancing.

Reactions: Deutsch, Tiburcio and weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
No one knows anything, we're ants, our science is the science of the 5% of the 0.0001% of the things that we can measure
On one hand you're probably right but please don't make up statistics like "0.0001%"... we know a shitload about the universe even if we're still missing some vital details.

Reactions: skitliv and lv-gras
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
I'm an atheist, always have been. It made my life even worse because I live in a very religious country, we have mandatory religion lessons in schools, weddings and funerals are handled by priests, shit like that.

I was the only kid in my class who didn't go to church and always openly talked about not believing in God. And because I was the weird, quiet kid and a big Metallica fan at the time, I often got laughed at and called a satanist, lol.
IMO religion stands for ignorance, indoctrination and hypocrisy. I'm glad more and more people in my country are becoming atheists.

Reactions: skitliv, ThisIsTheEnd, Tiburcio and 4 others
K

KCN

El revisionismo en castillano
Jul 16, 2018
I don't entertain any belief, since I don't find that religion or spirituality are meant to give any closure about the "purpose" of things, having myself headstrong doubts about the very concept of meaning (it's a logical fallacy). I could sum it up by saying that I'm an atheist

Reactions: Deutsch, Tiburcio and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
WorthlessGirl

WorthlessGirl

Aug 15, 2018
Nope, I'm an atheist.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Deutsch, KCN and 2 others
Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
Yes, im im muslim.
I hate the concept of religion, but if its true then youre screwed after death. Im too afraid to take the risk of disbelieving.

Reactions: Deutsch, Meena and Bandzbandz
DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
I do not.

Reactions: Deutsch, KCN, Tiburcio and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Atheist

Reactions: Deutsch, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, KCN and 1 other person
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Might as well hedge your bets just in case, E=mc2 everything is made out of pure energy, the amout of pure energy if it could be harnessed in a single plastic cup is enough to vaporize the entire universe.

Reactions: Deutsch and Tiburcio
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Might as well hedge your bets just in case, E=mc2 everything is made out of pure energy, the amout of pure energy if it could be harnessed in a single plastic cup is enough to vaporize the entire universe.
I'm going to take a shot every time I see modern physics defiled like this :(

Reactions: Deutsch and Tiburcio
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
No.

Reactions: KCN, Tiburcio and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
That's a hell of a clickbait title but yes I know about quantum field, it's a super bizarre and interesting topic. I was more pointing out your statement "the amout of pure energy if it could be harnessed in a single plastic cup is enough to vaporize the entire universe."

If mass and energy are the same thing, energy cannot be destroyed only changed into a different form, therefore there's literally no such thing as vaporising the universe. Even when matter and antimatter come together and annihilate, nothing is really being destroyed the matter is simply being converted to pure energy as you said.

Sorry I'm definitely no expert but physics is such an interest of mine that statement really rubbed me the wrong way I guess

Reactions: KCN, Tiburcio and Justanotherconsumer
D

Deleted member 847

On one hand you're probably right but please don't make up statistics like "0.0001%"... we know a shitload about the universe even if we're still missing some vital details.
Are you an idiot? atoms are 0.0001% matter

Reactions: weedoge
D

Deleted member 847

and the universe is 95% dark matter and dark energy, things that we can't see or measure

D

Deleted member 847

Yet my ass, human beings will become extinct before that. We can't even get together to create a proper society with no toxicity after thousands of years and you think our little meaty brains can figure out the universe.

Reactions: Tiburcio