• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I currently watch an interesting youtube channel which analyzses the Russian propaganda in their national TV. It is really interesting. I ask myself how many of them really believe this narration.
In the media I have read especially old people with barely any connection to the internet believe the propaganda. Moreover rather the rural areas with low life quality get tricked. Young, urban people with a lot of connections on the internet rather know the truth. Honestly I think if I was them I would also be too scared of the punishments. I have heard they can exclude you from college if you pretend there was a war. Or having to go to prison. I would be too scared about my own well-being.

Maybe if I had had enough money I would leave the country. I think I would have a pretty guilty conscience if my government would slaughter civilians. I think many people just want to look away from it. I think some try to ease their guilty conscience by doing that. But the punishments for protesting are insane. I can understand why Russians are scared. But there are also very evil people (like journalists) who know it is all a lie and they profit from deceiving the people. That is disgusting. But there are even Germans who do that. There is a young influencer who visits Ukraine and pretends everything was peaceful there. And some politicians in extremists parties undertake the narrative from Putin even in the parliament. Disgusting.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I currently watch an interesting youtube channel which analyzses the Russian propaganda in their national TV. It is really interesting. I ask myself how many of them really believe this narration.
In the media I have read especially old people with barely any connection to the internet believe the propaganda. Moreover rather the rural areas with low life quality get tricked. Young, urban people with a lot of connections on the internet rather know the truth. Honestly I think if I was them I would also be too scared of the punishments. I have heard they can exclude you from college if you pretend there was a war. Or having to go to prison. I would be too scared about my own well-being.

Maybe if I had had enough money I would leave the country. I think I would have a pretty guilty conscience if my government would slaughter civilians. I think many people just want to look away from it. I think some try to ease their guilty conscience by doing that. But the punishments for protesting are insane. I can understand why Russians are scared. But there are also very evil people (like journalists) who know it is all a lie and they profit from deceiving the people. That is disgusting. But there are even Germans who do that. There is a young influencer who visits Ukraine and pretends everything was peaceful there. And some politicians in extremists parties undertake the narrative from Putin even in the parliament. Disgusting.

Well, perception is reality. No matter what one may think about the Russia/Ukraine war, the Russian citizens are captive to their perceived reality in the same way that people in western countries have been for about the past 70 years or so. If I'm not mistaken, the west and Russia are two evil powers that are calling each other evil.

To your point, though, there have been protests against the war in Russia, but they were quenched by the police.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chinchilla