• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018
I see people telling a 14 year old to PM them for peaceful methods. Now, I am all for pro choice as far as suicide, but children? Isn't there a line we should not be crossing? Did any of us not go a bit crazy as a kid? Well, wake up call, many kids get past that and have normal lives. Children should not be encouraged to commit suicide. I cannot believe that I even have to say this.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
As I say, I never condone suicide under 18, because life only gets worse once you have to pay taxes haha.

But in all seriousness, its more about being supportive of whatever they decide. The moment we try to get them busted...is the moment we all get busted. Sometimes real help is not helpful. I will listen, I will talk. I will ask them to pick a more peaceful method. But I wont outright give them options. I dont want to see a child throw their life away, when it could get better. Me, I dont want things to get better and that is my choice.
Plus, I dont ever tell people they havent suffered enough or as much as I have. That gets no one anywhere.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I think it's best to not encourage or dissuade, just listen and be there for the person, regardless of age. Yeah a kid's life might get better, might also get way worse. I can't guarantee anything for them, so who am I to say that they must tough it out. If some kid messaged me asking for a method, honestly, I have no idea what I'd do. I wouldn't give them A's email, or anything, but I wouldn't nag them into seeking mental help either. But what else is there to do? Call the police on them? I won't do that. Sometimes there's just no black or white, clear right or wrong.

SleepItOff

SleepItOff

Would that I could
May 5, 2018
Personally, I'm all for the legalization of euthanasia after at least age 21. I feel that there should be a proper system in place to evaluate the person on a case-by-case basis, but I can't pretend to have the answers. But I would never, ever personally encourage or enable suicide for a child. Or anyone, truthfully. That might sound hypocritical (seeing as I'm here myself) but as pro-choice as I am, I don't personally believe I have the right to influence anybody's situation but my own. Especially not a child's.

Reactions: Redt2go and Cyanide
M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018
But I wont outright give them options. I dont want to see a child throw their life away, when it could get better.

Exactly. Children just don't have the capacity to make that decision quite yet, because life just sucks at that age for so many kids, maybe most. I didn't, I was a moron at 14, then by 20, things all changed. Everything did not go to shit again until around 50 when my parents died. That's alot of decent years I had. I could get over this yet, but it's unlikely.

Last edited:
ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
Exactly. Children just don't have the capacity to make that decision quite yet, because life just sucks at that age for so many kids, maybe most. I didn't, I was a moron at 14, then by 20, things all changed. Everything did not go to shit again until around 50 when my parents died. That's alot of decent years I had. I could yet get over this yet, but it's unlikely.

Amen. But chronic illness, being crippled, those are exceptions to children not wanting to live through that shit show.

Reactions: Cyanide
M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018
Personally, I'm all for the legalization of euthanasia after at least age 21. I feel that there should be a proper system in place to evaluate the person on a case-by-case basis, but I can't pretend to have the answers. But I would never, ever personally encourage or enable suicide for a child. Or anyone, truthfully. That might sound hypocritical (seeing as I'm here myself) but as pro-choice as I am, I don't personally believe I have the right to influence anybody's situation but my own. Especially not a child's.

I totally agree with you. Children have a tough time, some worse than others, what a horrible time to end it. It's like stepping on a flower before it has a chance to open. Bad comparison? Best I could come up with at the moment.

I also agree, we really don't have the right to encourage or push anyone toward suicide. I had a friend try to get me to push or encourage him, and much as I wanted him to get whatever he needed, I would not do it. I don't think you sound hypocritical. Just because we are pro choice does not mean we want to help push them off a bridge.

Last edited:
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
What would you suggest we do then? Frankly, I'd feel better if this site were for age 18+ only. And if it were private, but I don't run the site and have no say.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
What would you suggest we do then? Frankly, I'd feel better if this site were for age 18+ only. And if it were private, but I don't run the site and have no say.
Nah if it was 18 only, we couldnt provide inpromptu counselling services like we do, for these kids. I'd rather it be open, and then filter discussings about how tos, to identity proven forums.

M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018
Amen. But chronic illness, being crippled, those are exceptions to children not wanting to live through that shit show.[/QU

I just won't encourage anyone who I know to be a child. That's all I can do. I would feel better if it were all adults here too, but then I hate for kids to not have a place to vent and just feel part of a group. That should not include incouraging them to kill themselves. We are the adults here, we need to act like it.

M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018
Nah if it was 18 only, we couldnt provide inpromptu counselling services like we do, for these kids. I'd rather it be open, and then filter discussings about how tos, to identity proven forums.

So do we actually find these kids and councel them? All I am seeing is people giving them ways to kill themselves. Please educate me on the process, if there is one.

F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018

Do you think a suicidal teen will answer truthfully? The alternative is for all of us to give up the relative anonymity to prove our age.

I won't tell anyone what to do. I also won't withhold information for them to make an educated choice.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I wouldn't sign up here if I had to prove who I am, and don't think most would here. Hell, most here use VPN's so they aren't traceable. We are not professional counselors, not to mention we're all kinds of fucked up. Us giving kids life advice, dare I say, maybe not the best idea.

Reactions: Hunter and Cyanide
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
Do you think a suicidal teen will answer truthfully? The alternative is for all of us to give up the relative anonymity to prove our age.

I won't tell anyone what to do. I also won't withhold information for them to make an educated choice.

I was meaning mainly for legal reasons, like we didn't know the person was such an age. It's different when you know.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
If theres a way to prove age without identity , thats all i meant.

As for counselling, you don't need to do anything but listen and ask questions, answer questions if theyre appropriate. Having someone to listen to them, or give advice, let them rant. It often works more than not doing those things.

SleepItOff

SleepItOff

Would that I could
May 5, 2018
I totally agree with you. Children have a tough time, some worse than others, what a horrible time to end it. It's like stepping on a flower before it has a chance to open. Bad comparison? Best I could come up with at the moment.

I also agree, we really don't have the right to encourage or push anyone toward suicide. I had a friend try to get me to push or encourage him, and much as I wanted him to get whatever he needed, I would not do it. I don't think you sound hypocritical. Just because we are pro choice does not mean we want to help push them off a bridge.
Could not have said it better myself.

SleepItOff

SleepItOff

Would that I could
May 5, 2018
We already discussed this topic
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/when-is-it-acceptable-to-give-up.301/

We'll listen to anyone regardless of age.
I'm fine with listening to anybody's plight, regardless of age. Everybody needs a safe place to vent, and it's especially hard to find one for a topic as taboo as this. The problem here isn't whether or not we'll listen, it's people directly encouraging and providing the means for kids to get ahold of things (such as N) that will effectively kill them.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
We already discussed this topic
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/when-is-it-acceptable-to-give-up.301/

We'll listen to anyone regardless of age.

I agree with this policy. But we should not promote methods if you aren't 18+. Just steer them towards the 3 day rule, and away from grisley (probable) failures. (Spelling?)

SleepItOff

SleepItOff

Would that I could
May 5, 2018
I agree with this policy. But we should not promote methods if you aren't 18+. Just steer them towards the 3 day rule, and away from grisley (probable) failures. (Spelling?)
*Grisly ;) (English major, haha)

Tiredman

Tiredman

Rest is best
Apr 30, 2018
I guess it would depend on their reasoning for wanting to ctb. If it's something trivial like a highschool breakup then I couldn't condone it. If they had cancer or some other debilitating chronic illness that effects their quality of life then possibly but I'd still probably not suggest anything to them though.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Well, at the end, underage can join and pretend to be older if there is some policy. Better to talk to members directly and telling them to wait and try to help them by listening and/or maybe you can find a life solution for them after listening to their story.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
I see people telling a 14 year old to PM them for peaceful methods. Now, I am all for pro choice as far as suicide, but children? Isn't there a line we should not be crossing? Did any of us not go a bit crazy as a kid? Well, wake up call, many kids get past that and have normal lives. Children should not be encouraged to commit suicide. I cannot believe that I even have to say this.

Frankly I don't feel comfortable encouraging anyone to self-deliver, so I don't. I simply answer questions that people ask. We all have our reasons for being here, and let's be honest, most of the people on this forum will never end up euthanizing themselves. I'm sure some people are here just to gawk at the "crazy loonies who want to commit suicide."

But in regards to age, I do believe that 14 is too young. People go through an enormous transformation from age 14 to 18. (And even beyond. Supposedly the brain doesn't fully mature until age 25.)

M

Machonne

Apr 25, 2018
But in regards to age, I do believe that 14 is too young. People go through an enormous transformation from age 14 to 18. (And even beyond. Supposedly the brain doesn't fully mature until age 25.)

Thank you.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
Frankly I don't feel comfortable encouraging anyone to self-deliver, so I don't. I simply answer questions that people ask. We all have our reasons for being here, and let's be honest, most of the people on this forum will never end up euthanizing themselves. I'm sure some people are here just to gawk at the "crazy loonies who want to commit suicide."

Yes, encouraging and directing people to information which they seek, especially public/readily available info, aren't really quite the same things. I mean, if one is physically capable, killing oneself isn't exactly rocket science.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
Yes, encouraging and directing people to information which they seek, especially public/readily available info, aren't really quite the same things. I mean, if one is physically capable, killing oneself isn't exactly rocket science.

Whoa, its not!?
Jesus, I better quit college for engineering :(

In all seriousness, no its not, but its harder than people think to be painless.

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
How would you really know if they dont tell you their age. They could easily make a new account too if you decline because they're too young. Kind of pointless to argue about it. Also the ppeh is open for anyone to download. Theres nothing you can do about it.

Last edited:
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
Whoa, its not!?
Jesus, I better quit college for engineering :(

In all seriousness, no its not, but its harder than people think to be painless.

I dunno, lots of kids seem to hang themselves pretty easily. It doesn't seem like a horrible way to go, though probably not pleasant either. Nitrogen method is pretty easy if you have the money for it.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
Ive covered a 300sq mi area looking for nitrogen, and its common knowledge what its used for besides industrial uses. Ive been refused nitrogen 3 different times, and even asking about it, I got weird looks.