Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
If anyone EVER asks you the date of your CTB do not give it to them or speak to them again. I found out the hard way after two different guys befriended me asking personal questions, the date of my CTB then dissapeared. Do not trust anyone. It sucks it has to be this way! I am so angry.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, InterstateFlowers, Defenestration and 9 others
BornBrief

BornBrief

Student
Dec 21, 2020
Im sorry you've had your trust broken at a a time like this :( *hugs*

• Love
Reactions: Butterfly65, Pen>Sword, Oozzy and 1 other person
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
Don't be hard on yourself Butterfly65, SS is the kind of like-minded community where there's bound to be sharks swimming about trying to swallow some of us up.

Reactions: BandAddict, Pen>Sword and Oozzy
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I'm confused. How does another person benefit from knowing one's CTB date? Further, in this weird fucking age we live in where internet = reality, how do we define personal information? Is my occupation, age, geographical region personal?

I will admit I'm gullible and will also admit I sometimes creep people out because I'm naturally inquisitive and a codependent fuck who only finds happiness in others but seriously what are these "sharks" accomplishing? Sorry for the rant but it's an anonymous board and I do get lost with the way the world has changed before my eyes. I'm not a boomer- I'm 41 FFS.

Reactions: that_guy2611, Pen>Sword and lobster salad
Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
I'm confused. How does another person benefit from knowing one's CTB date? Further, in this weird fucking age we live in where internet = reality, how do we define personal information? Is my occupation, age, geographical region personal?

I will admit I'm gullible and will also admit I sometimes creep people out because I'm naturally inquisitive and a codependent fuck who only finds happiness in others but seriously what are these "sharks" accomplishing? Sorry for the rant but it's an anonymous board and I do get lost with the way the world has changed before my eyes. I'm not a boomer- I'm 41 FFS.
There are pro lifers here that have infiltrated and want to see this site gone. They befriend a suicidal person gather their information so they can have the authorities try to stop the person from suiciding. That's just one example.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, LastFlowers, demuic and 1 other person
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
These sharks are accomplishing learning users' emotional triggers, using their circumstances against them, potentially outing them as suicidal to the outside world e.g. fixthe26, blackmailing them...you get the picture.

Reactions: LastFlowers and Butterfly65
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
These sharks are accomplishing learning users' emotional triggers, using their circumstances against them, potentially outing them as suicidal to the outside world e.g. fixthe26, blackmailing them...you get the picture.
If someone tries that shit with me, I will literally track them down and give out free Colombian Neckties. Fuck those Fthe26 cocksuckers.

• Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and blue_muse
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
If someone tries that shit with me, I will literally track them down and give out free Colombian Neckties. Fuck those Fthe26 cocksuckers.
Your passion is admirable.

Reactions: LastFlowers and Thanatonaut
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
Your passion is admirable.
Thanks, but not passion, really. More like extreme crankiness. Zero tolerance for people's bullshit.

Reactions: BigNarkoleptic, BandAddict and blue_muse
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
Thanks, but not passion, really. More like extreme crankiness. Zero tolerance for people's bullshit.
In that case, spread some of that crankiness my way please. I like your approach.

Reactions: Thanatonaut
P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
Well I befriended @Ctb2b3 a month before his passing and asked for his name and time as we chatted about, so I could meditate and send good vibes for a safe transition up to his passing . I also put up a biomagnetic energy light over his username up to the moment and after he took his N.. he was a good guy.. kinda miss him

I would think a first name , date /time is perfectly fine just don't expect them to be there.. there are flakes everywhere, in life and in death..
doesn't mean they didnt have good intentions at the time..
.u dont want to alienate people that truly care though.. just mho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Butterfly65
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Ok I think I understand where you guys are coming from now. I guess I would just not have any tolerance for somebody asking me for stuff that would doxx me unless I really trusted them....and imagine how intrusive those questions would feel as well? Regardless, hope you guys are doing ok today.

Reactions: LastFlowers
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
If I got doxxed I would hit rock bottom psychologically and even end up on a suicide forum, planning my death.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: LastFlowers, Mentalmick, awfullife and 1 other person
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
If I got doxxed I would hit rock bottom psychologically and even end up on a suicide forum, planning my death.
If I got doxxed I would lose what little time I have with my kids now and have court ordered monitored visitation (someone monitors you while you see your kids) and I would lose my livelihood as well.
Excellent Point G&E, things could be worse!

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: demuic, LastFlowers and GenesAndEnvironment
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
If any of these lousy fucks steal my personal info then they get to deal with my second cousin, big Sid:
Tumblr o7l94vMqIG1u2ragso1 r1 500

• Yay!
Reactions: Celerity, LastFlowers and GenesAndEnvironment
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Well I befriended @Ctb2b3 a month before his passing and asked for his name and time as we chatted about, so I could meditate and send good vibes for a safe transition up to his passing . I also put up a biomagnetic energy light over his username up to the moment and after he took his N.. he was a good guy.. kinda miss him

I would think a first name , date /time is perfectly fine just don't expect them to be there.. there are flakes everywhere, in life and in death..
doesn't mean they didnt have good intentions at the time..
.u dont want to alienate people that truly care though.. just mho.
Another issue is that if you give out even that bare minimum info, and it somehow gets out to the public threads (which I've seen happen time and time again), then you also risk anonymity by way of a loved one or someone who knows the person in real life seeing that little bit of identifying info, and then connecting the dots and filling in the rest.
That's why I'm not giving a date or making it known exactly when I'm going, people who know me will eventually know that date, and my method, and perhaps be led here (not by me, but by the circumstances of the death) to try to figure out who I am and read all the shit I wanted to remain anonymous, perhaps even posting themselves and doxing me postmortem (which would be disgusting and quite frankly, evil of them, but I don't trust a single one tbf).
They could look for users who caught the bus the same date I did, then even better-a first name, a general location, and that would be way more of a starting point to Sherlock Holmes my ass than I am willing to offer them.

• Hugs
Reactions: blue_muse and demuic
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
(someone monitors you while you see your kids)
Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: Mentalmick
P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
Another issue is that if you give out even that bare minimum info, and it somehow gets out to the public threads (which I've seen happen time and time again), then you also risk anonymity by way of a loved one or someone who knows the person in real life seeing that little bit of identifying info, and then connecting the dots and filling in the rest.
That's why I'm not giving a date or making it known exactly when I'm going, people who know me will eventually know that date, and my method, and perhaps be led here (not by me, but by the circumstances of the death) to try to figure out who I am and read all the shit I wanted to remain anonymous, perhaps even posting themselves and doxing me postmortem (which would be disgusting and quite frankly, evil of them, but I don't trust a single one tbf).
They could look for users who caught the bus the same date I did, then even better-a first name, a general location, and that would be way more of a starting point to Sherlock Holmes my ass than I am willing to offer them.
The family members or friends would have to know your username or know you have an affinity for it. Otherwise I'm just not seeing the connection..

I'm also not understanding the energy it would take to go that far on a sleuth... But that doesn't mean anything.. people will scroll 10 years on a person's Twitter feed to look for something "offensive".

So yea I guess it's like anything.. trust your gut , take baby steps with people idk.. sux