dust-in-the-wind

dust-in-the-wind

Aug 24, 2024
I'm the worst I've ever been right now and not functional and bedridden with MDD. I have lost hope of ever getting better as I have tried so many treatments(even ECT). I want to die and I've told my family this over and over as I am trying to prepare them. My death would especially destroy my mother and sister but not sure how much longer I can hold on. Quite a sad conundrum. I continue to suffer or I cause suffering to those I love.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, AmIForReal, fatladysings and 15 others
pain6batch9

pain6batch9

Chronic
Aug 25, 2024
No, I lied when the subject came up.

Reactions: fatladysings, GuessWhosBack, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Not in the true real capacity, I've long ago stopped attempting to potentially alert people to my plans, no matter how bad I feel. Completely not a flex, it's like living a double life, one that faces those people and the one I control, where I can starve and plan to die in peace.

Reactions: fatladysings, GuessWhosBack, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
celestialsloth

celestialsloth

Mar 4, 2024
i probably tell someone that it's on my mind maybe once every few months, but they all know. i used to be very open about it. not so much anymore just bc there's no catharsis in it anymore, it's just upsetting for them to hear and doesn't make me feel any less burdened by it to share

Reactions: fatladysings, watchingfigsdrop, GuessWhosBack and 6 others
uniqueusername4

uniqueusername4

died a long time ago
Aug 13, 2023
My friends know enough to where they wont be shocked. but they don't know details about how/when or if it is going to even happen. They just know I am depressed and have attempted in the past, and I am self isolating which is a sign of an attempt. It seems they are able to forget about it though and go on with their lives. Similar to how it will be after I am dead.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: max_vader2, fatladysings, whydidthishappen and 2 others
dust-in-the-wind

dust-in-the-wind

Aug 24, 2024
My friends know enough to where they wont be shocked. but they don't know details about how/when or if it is going to even happen. They just know I am depressed and have attempted in the past, and I am self isolating which is a sign of an attempt. It seems they are able to forget about it though and go on with their lives. Similar to how it will be after I am dead.
Yes I think my friends will easily go on with their lives too.

• Aww..
Reactions: fatladysings, Joarga, Nothing87 and 1 other person
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
They know, but....

Family doesn't care until it's an inconvenience for them like when I actively have an episode and act out. As for friends, I just don't speak on it too much since I already vent too much anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: fatladysings, GuessWhosBack, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Personally, I don't "want to die" at this time. However, I do view "death at my own undertaking" as an inevitability at some point. My family is aware of my suicidality as it is a difficult thing to hide through involuntary hospitalization and the persistent nothing-happening state of my life. Only very rarely do they ever directly approach the subject with me, although I'm guessing it is on their mind more than they would let on.

I'm the worst I've ever been right now and not functional and bedridden with MDD. I have lost hope of ever getting better as I have tried so many treatments(even ECT). I want to die and I've told my family this over and over as I am trying to prepare them. My death would especially destroy my mother and sister but not sure how much longer I can hold on. Quite a sad conundrum. I continue to suffer or I cause suffering to those I love.
I am very sorry you are dealing with this. MDD is one of my main problems as well, and I've done so many different medications and treatments only to maintain a steady downward spiral in life. So I know what it is, very much.

Wishing you as best as can be under these circumstances.

• Hugs
Reactions: fatladysings, voltage268, GuessWhosBack and 2 others
S

SpeckofDust

Jul 16, 2024
I used to be open about suicidal ideation, but I ended up losing several long term friends and therapists. My pyschologist dropping me as a patient after 15 years was the most surprising. I believe that most humans cannot handle the thought of another human wanting to die, no matter the reasons.

As a side note, now that I have very few friends left, no professionals, and no family, I am on my own this time (suicide), and although it feels isolating and sad to go through it alone, I have no choice.

I wish you the best of outcomes, DITW!

• Hugs
Reactions: fatladysings, J&L383 and GuessWhosBack
G

greeneyedgirl

Sep 1, 2024
No. If my friends and family did know Id be in the psych ward at our local hospital. It's best that they don't know, I don't want my family worried about me.

• Hugs
Reactions: fatladysings, J&L383, GuessWhosBack and 2 others
R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
Nope but it wouldn't surprise me if a couple people would guess. I'm usually really good at putting on a happy face and I'm usually a support pillar. I think one person may know based on some things I've said but otherwise I'm very locked down.

Reactions: Flirtingwithdemons, max_vader2 and fatladysings
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
Mine know, but don't actually know if that makes any sense. They've been told, witnessed the aftermath of my attempts, etc, but cognitively it hasn't really set in and become real for them.

• Hugs
Reactions: fatladysings, Joarga, banger12 and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Yeah they do, but they also know I'm quite a lazy coward so they don't have to worry much, for now.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatMightHaveBeen, fatladysings, banger12 and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Ha. No. There's literally no one to know.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: max_vader2, fatladysings, banger12 and 2 others
Y

yoshizoom

Aug 5, 2024
Of course they do. I tell em almost everyday. How or the when, they are not sure. I'm not so sure either, but I can feel it coming soon. I can't take this anymore, but my family clings onto hope that things do get better for me, even though I know it probably won't.

• Hugs
Reactions: fatladysings, divinemistress36 and GuessWhosBack
N

nobob

Aug 9, 2024
Yes, and they no longer object to it the same way they used to. They see how debilitating my condition is, and that I have no quality of life. The hospital inject me with long lasting drugs every month, and the drugs make me lay awake at night.

• Hugs
Reactions: max_vader2, fatladysings and GuessWhosBack
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
They do. I'm fortunate to have had friends who understand and accept my decision. My only remaining friend has known for a while and so whenever I finally do CTB, it won't be much of a surprise. My family also is very much aware, and they also accept it but don't necessarily like it. So in that regard, I am lucky, since I've seen some absolute nightmare stories here of betrayal and backstabbing by one's friends or family. It is a major risk opening up to people close to you, but if you win the gamble, I suppose it's a net benefit. You're no longer sneaking off the Earth like a thief into the night, and it'll soften the blow when the time finally does come for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: fatladysings, voltage268 and GuessWhosBack
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
When I was in very bad states I've revealed to friends and my mother that I might kms. However. that wasn't a statement out of nowhere it was a lot related to the current situation and heated atmosphere of the discussion. Only my mom really takes it serious - she'd not survive me CTB - and that make sit even harder to go through with it. Friends didn't take me really serious (well a usual reaction imo).

Currently, my situation isn't that bad an if things don't become worse I won't CTB any time soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: fatladysings, banger12 and GuessWhosBack
H

Hoga

Nov 27, 2022
No

• Hugs
Reactions: fatladysings, GuessWhosBack and ijustwishtodie
Olek Messier 87

Olek Messier 87

Student
Sep 1, 2024
I've never even mentioned this topic with anyone in my whole life, at the point that I apparently don't seem depressed at all; but I don't know why, I couldn't help myself but tell my wife about it, which I probably shouldn't have.

• Hugs
Reactions: max_vader2, fatladysings, GuessWhosBack and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
No, why on earth would I ever tell my family that I'm suicidal!? I want to be dead. I don't want to stay alive. There's no good reason as to why I should tell them

• Hugs
Reactions: fatladysings, Olek Messier 87 and GuessWhosBack
msesis

msesis

Student
Jun 16, 2024
yea but they do not care

Reactions: fatladysings
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
My wish to die is personal, being open about it wouldn't bring me the peace I search for, it wouldn't give me the means to eternally free myself from this existence that brought me nothing but pain and was always so deeply undesirable in the first place, I never should have suffered in this existence at all.

Reactions: Fall_Apart and fatladysings
I

IwantHappiness

May 31, 2024
I'm gonna ctb because of them

Daxter777

Daxter777

May 22, 2023
My friend knoes and my mom knows. And i can see it eating my mom up. She has voiced that she is afraid to come to my place and she will find my corpse. My mum is sweet and i don't want to traumatise her like that. But i also want to die so it leaves me in a situation where I don't know what to do

• Hugs
Reactions: max_vader2 and fatladysings
banger12

banger12

Former nerd; current burden
Aug 1, 2024
Ofc I lie about it for the most part, but there are a couple friends that I've given partial admissions to. And although I completely lie to them about it and don't tell them shit about the subject, I'm certain my dad and one of my brothers are aware, but I just haven't given them anything concrete to act on. Plus I think they're unaware of how active my suicidality really is at this point and think it's more passive. Dad in particular will be devastated, but neither him or my brother will be surprised, nor will my friends. My youngest brother will be both, and that deeply saddens me, but he's young, he'll survive and adapt and he has a very bright future ahead of him.

-Toplox-

-Toplox-

Nov 25, 2018
Yeah the majority of them know but they've just accepted it because they know there's nothing else they can do. Think my mom is the only one who really understands (as much as she can) I don't think she'll be upset with me. She knows I never wanted life. She'll be upset, but not at me.

Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
My parents know, but I've been like that for years...

DoneWithThisLife

DoneWithThisLife

Betrayed and Broken
Apr 30, 2024
My reason for needing to CTB is my family's betrayal. They don't know but they will as I have prepared a suicide note especially for them. My husband knows I've been suicidal for a long time but doesn't believe it. He just says 'don't be silly' or ' you wouldn't do that to me'. I see no point in trying to convince him because no-one can truly understand the emotional pain of being suicidal except others who are or have been in that exact same place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Joarga and fatladysings
JessIsAlive

JessIsAlive

Sep 9, 2024
I think many of us are in the same position "continue to suffer or cause suffering to those we love." I am feeling the same way, but I dread the future more and more. I know suicide is selfish, but nothing gets better for me. I wish I could disappear without hurting my family

Reactions: DoneWithThisLife and fatladysings