permanently tired

permanently tired

I know you're laughing
Nov 8, 2023
I bed rot, doomscroll and take poor care of myself sometimes. Somehow I managed to do some cleaning today, worked on some art, brushed my teeth and did some skincare though I'm probably not consistent enough for it to do anything. I felt great after, that good type of tired that I didn't remember. It's nice to have some prospects and not constantly fantasize abt dying.

A little depressing that improving myself will end one day. I like being this state. Unfortunately, I won't be eternally young. I don't fear aging, but I hate the thought of my body fighting against me. For it to decline while I try otherwise. Well, I'll have to enjoy whatever time I have I suppose.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kunikuzushi, Preh1storic_Rib, bobo the wiseman and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
though I'm probably not consistent enough for it to do anything.
little steps 🫂 small rewards 🫂 sometimes take a moment to look at the present, not how youve done in the past or what the future will bring.
I managed to do some cleaning today, worked on some art, brushed my teeth and did some skincare
that is awesome! as someone else that also struggles with selfcare, im really proud of you. 💜

and even if its not consistent enough to do anything, at least you gave yourself a moment of feeling good/selfcare that you deserve 💜

personal advice incase youre interested (or anyone else reading)
like i said, baby steps.
i personally found it helpful to listen to my body. some days id brush my hair other days id brush my teeth. switching it up so while not perfect, at least theyre both getting some attention and upkeep. some days would be really good and id get both done. other days im feeling really "blah" and dont do either.

i personally also found a 'challenge' to help. like "i challenge you to take care of ourselves for a week". it looks like a competition and feels like one, which i found helped me in needing to "win" moreso than the selfcare (cant take care of myself when i dont care about myself to), but when it comes to winning not in a poor sport kind of way. "Yay i took care of myself, i made it through the amount of time." (like everyone taking personal challenges together thats laid out like a normal competition)
or maybe you dont need something as heavy as a challenge and just basic accountability would help

just some thoughts, but for the most part, i thought that you should know that what youve managed to do, even if only for this 1 day, is truly amazing. other people might not see it that way, but theyre not the main character in your story, you are. and this is an amazing accomplishment in the race against yourself 💜🫂

• Love
Reactions: milquetoast
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Arcanist
Dec 14, 2023
Awesome job, I'm proud of you!

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i personally found it helpful to listen to my body. some days id brush my hair other days id brush my teeth. switching it up so while not perfect, at least theyre both getting some attention and upkeep. some days would be really good and id get both done. other days im feeling really "blah" and dont do either.
i should also add that i didnt get to this point over night.

it feels like some people mean well but forget the actual recovery process to recovery "oh just do this, it helped me" yes...but it didnt help me overnight. it took months (years??) to get to this point. just take it one day at a time, do what you can. and anything is progress, whether you run, walk, crawl, tiptoe. even if it feels like you didnt do anything today, you thought about it, you intended to. and that is still progress 🫂

• Love
Reactions: milquetoast