• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

irregularheartbeat

irregularheartbeat

Memento Mori
Aug 25, 2019
Lately I've been working towards getting a solid diagnosis for my mental health, I've wanted to atleast try and find relief until my chosen date to ctb in January.
Today I was officially diagnosed with continuous schizophrenia.
I don't know how to feel. It's nice to know Im valid, and that a doctor finally took my symptoms seriously, as it's something I've always struggled with. I don't know how to feel about this though, I've been living in denial that my mental health just 'cant actually be this bad right?' But it is. It is for sure and with this diagnosis I can't run from that.

E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I'm glad you were able to get a proper diagnosis and at least a little peace of mind. Wishing you all the best!
But I am sorry that you're feeling this way about it, that's a terrifying diagnosis to have, and I'm sure you're going through a lot. You're not alone though!

irregularheartbeat

irregularheartbeat

Memento Mori
Aug 25, 2019
Were you having hallucinations/delusions?
Yes, I've had them daily for as long as I can remember
I'm glad you were able to get a proper diagnosis and at least a little peace of mind. Wishing you all the best!
But I am sorry that you're feeling this way about it, that's a terrifying diagnosis to have, and I'm sure you're going through a lot. You're not alone though!
Thank you so much, it is scary honestly. I used to hold onto the idea I would grow out of this or something one day, now I kniw that won't really happen. I appreciate you!

ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
Yes, I've had them daily for as long as I can remember

Thank you so much, it is scary honestly. I used to hold onto the idea I would grow out of this or something one day, now I kniw that won't really happen. I appreciate you!
Have you been tested for Lyme disease? Lyme can cause or mimic schizophrenia, bipolar, OCD, ADD, ALS, MS, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, autism etc...

The US government denies how widespread the disease is because they caused it. So it doesn't matter where you live. Everyone should get tested. I don't imagine the standard psych meds are gonna help if you have Lyme.

BTW, I have Lyme and I have experienced schizophrenia like symptoms as well as Parkinson's like symptoms

Last edited: