J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
To live in unbearable physical pain everyday is horrible. I have a horrible digestive issue that gives me unbearable stomach pains sometimes because I have acid reflux it's another reason I want to CTB. Tonight is hell, just sharp pains in my abdomen and makes me want to end myself even more. I couldn't imagine what someone goes through with physical illness. My goodness it's inhumane to expect someone to suffer when they have an incurable disease and or physical illness that is painful and excruciating

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: NormaJeane, Dead Meat, FuneralCry and 7 others
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I'm so sorry to hear of your suffering. I suffer from chronic pain too including stomach issues which have been misdiagnosed for almost a decade but they've now finally found the problem after doing investigations and because I never gave up in finding answers.

Have your stomach issues been investigated properly?

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, death137, lobster salad and 1 other person
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
I'm so sorry to hear of your suffering. I suffer from chronic pain too including stomach issues which have been misdiagnosed for almost a decade but they've now finally found the problem after doing investigations and because I never gave up in finding answers.

Have your stomach issues been investigated properly?

I been back and forth to the doctor in the past for gastrointestinal issues and they stated it was correlated to my acid reflux which isn't too severe, part of it is related to drinking alcohol as well. I'm sorry to also hear you're suffering.

Reactions: lobster salad
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
That is really cruel.
If the cause is the diet, then you at least have the chance that it will get better again.
Our body can regenerate even from very bad conditions.
I wish you a good recovery in any case.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
Didnt you take drug? There are many drugs that can be used for it

Acid reflux is one of my many health issues, i make it better by fixing my diet, etc.

But i still have other health issues that doesnt get resolved even when i have to constantly taking medicine evryday that only ruin my body

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
I been back and forth to the doctor in the past for gastrointestinal issues and they stated it was correlated to my acid reflux which isn't too severe, part of it is related to drinking alcohol as well. I'm sorry to also hear you're suffering.
Alcohol consumption isn't always the root cause of acid reflux, although it can worsen existing gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or cause gastritis which can in turn cause acid reflux and bad stomach pain. But there might be another reason you suffer from acid reflux which can range from anything from gastritis to a hiatal hernia. And gastritis in itself can have various causes such as regular use of NSAIDs, prednisone, antibiotics, stress, Helicobacter pylori, etc.

Have you at least had an abdominal scan with contrast and an endoscopy done? Plenty people drink alcohol and don't suffer from acid reflux and excruciating stomach pain. Unless I suppose your alcohol consumption is excessive.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: theguineapigking and Dead Meat
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Im sorry youre going through that. While i dont understand that exact problem (aside from hunger pains) but i do understand the pain in general part.
I have spondlylolisthesis (i could be slightly wrong, its a big doctor word lol) and lumbar scoliosis. Basically my lower back is completely screwed. Anyway id say im in discomfort at least 80-95% of the time (i have some days where i dont notice my back, but theyre few and far between) and then about 50% of the time (like right now) im in pain. There is also the few times that im limping because its messing with my nerves it can get so bad. And when the problem first showed itself (at 13) i would go hours where i couldnt walk. So yeah...i get pain :hug: :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Journeytoletgo and Pookie
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
I have acid reflux(although not as agonizing as you have it). I have to take 20mg of famotidine every day. If I don't take it for like a week or so, my throat starts getting very blistery, to the point where it's AGONIZING to even swallow cool water. My stomach can hurt pretty bad too. I believe that it contributed to a lot of my cavities as a kid, because when I started taking the lansoprazole, I stopped getting cavities all the time. I've tried all of the h2 antagonists throughout my life (Similar to acid reducer) listed below, and they all work wonders for me, although I currently use famotidine.

Have you tried anything like this? lansoprazole, omeprazole, ranitidine(may be potentially cancerous?? Pulled from shelves last year where I live in the USA), famotidine, etc? An h2 antagonist lowers the amount of acid that your body produces in the stomach.

I hope that you find something to help you take down the pain to a more bearable level. Best wishes.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Journeytoletgo and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
I have acid reflux(although not as agonizing as you have it). I have to take 20mg of famotidine every day. If I don't take it for like a week or so, my throat starts getting very blistery, to the point where it's AGONIZING to even swallow cool water. My stomach can hurt pretty bad too. I believe that it contributed to a lot of my cavities as a kid, because when I started taking the lansoprazole, I stopped getting cavities all the time. I've tried all of the h2 antagonists throughout my life (Similar to acid reducer) listed below, and they all work wonders for me, although I currently use famotidine.

Have you tried anything like this? lansoprazole, omeprazole, ranitidine(may be potentially cancerous?? Pulled from shelves last year where I live in the USA), famotidine, etc? An h2 antagonist lowers the amount of acid that your body produces in the stomach.
I'm treating my gastritis (which is causing the acid reflux) and using Omeprazole which helps me quite a bit. Unfortunately it can take up to a year for chronic gastritis to heal :(

And interesting what you said about tooth cavities. I'm pretty sure that acid reflux can cause the enamel of the teeth to erode.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: theguineapigking, Dead Meat, Journeytoletgo and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I experience a terrible stomachache from time to time (just like last week's Monday) and I can confirm it's hell.
Having that pain daily would be just a madness.
I really need to go to a hospital but I just hate them.

Hope you can feel better, somehow, soon.

Hugs and love,

Matt

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie, Dead Meat and Journeytoletgo
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I used to have stomach pains randomly a few years ago, but now I have other health problems. Our own bodies can torture us and we can have little control over it. Living really can be exhausting with health issues. It's why I believe we need a right to die as there is no limit as to how bad it can get.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie, Dead Meat and Journeytoletgo
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018

I hope that you find something to help you take down the pain to a more bearable level. Best wishes.

thank you, I will talk this over with my doctor and see what treatment works to make the pain less excruciating. I'm trying to also change my diet

it's interesting that you bring up cavities I too had a lot of cavities as a kid and teen and i would definitely research the correlation there very insightful information thank you
Alcohol consumption isn't always the root cause of acid reflux, although it can worsen existing gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or cause gastritis which can in turn cause acid reflux and bad stomach pain. But there might be another reason you suffer from acid reflux which can range from anything from gastritis to a hiatal hernia. And gastritis in itself can have various causes such as regular use of NSAIDs, prednisone, antibiotics, stress, Helicobacter pylori, etc.

Have you at least had an abdominal scan with contrast and an endoscopy done? Plenty people drink alcohol and don't suffer from acid reflux and excruciating stomach pain. Unless I suppose your alcohol consumption is excessive.

I use to drink alcohol daily for about 4 years however i stopped this year. I have not had an abdominal scan and an endoscopy done, I'm going to talk this over with my doctor because the pain is unbearable to the point I can't work. I even missed my shift for work today and stayed up all night because it was painful.
I have been on a lot of antibiotics in my teens trying to find a cure for my incurable acne however nothing worked for me until I tried accutane another devastating medicine that still didn't work for me really my acne is just incurable, while it did work I still have many scars and issues with my back with it. So maybe acid reflux is a direct reaction to all those antibiotics I took for acne

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pookie and Dead Meat
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
If the pain is that unbearable to the point where you're missing work then an abdominal scan with contrast dye and an endoscopy/gastroscopy is definitely in order. And if your GP won't refer you for one then find one who actually cares about their patients and will refer you. Nobody should live with pain like that. It's inhumane and demoralising.

I'm so sorry, I know what unbearable pain can do to a person's psyche and you need help ASAP. Apart from proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole you can also try an elimination diet and keep a diary in the meanwhile to see which foods/drinks flare up your pain the most. Also, Pepto Bismol/Bismuth subsalicylate can help soothe the symptoms of acid reflux and stomach cramping. Be aware that it can turn your poop black but it's harmless.

It's worth a try but don't take it consecutively for more than 14 days and avoid it if you have ulcers. You'll know if you have ulcers if you have very dark, tarry stools (which means there's bleeding in the stomach) or if you vomit blood.) It's a medical emergency so get to the hospital if you see any signs of that.

I really hope you can get to the bottom of this and I wish you all the best.

Last edited: