carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
This is a kind of a sensitive subject so I will try to tread carefully but it is also something that is quite close to my heart.

I just read an article about the BBC pulling an episode of Dragons Den (and entrepreneur show) because it involved somebody wanting to start a business helping people with ME cure their illness using alternative therapy. https://www.theguardian.com/society...WQCaXHHP8d23QFerKoFwN8JWirYNAIucm5rr-_yrYWkFc

Why is this close to my heart? Because for years I went down the conventional route, I believed in science and rationality (I still do) but I was so fixed on it, I saw no other way and anything alternative was just woo woo nonsense. This is what ultimately led me to my cbt attempts.

I really don't fully know the the motivations and the real story behind this lady but from what I see, she found something that worked for her and she just wants to share it and help as many other people as she can. I think we have a medical establishment in place that does a great job in some respects but there are a lot of complex illnesses that cannot simply be treated with a drug or an operation, they requite a lot more nuanced and care based approaches.

I am not saying we should just close off conventional therapy and stop funding it but we need to be open to unconventional therapies as long as nobody is taking advantage of people, which can always be a danger. There will always be those that prey on the vulnerable and desperate so we should always keep a look out for that. But we need to look into this unconventional stuff more because it worked for me, it appears to have worked for this lady and it has worked for countless others whose stories I have followed, all genuine honest people not trying to exploit anyone.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
1 issu fr ME sfferrs = tht mny hve spnt £10-15-20,000 on dffrnt treatmnts

Mstly bcse mainstrm treatmnts fr tht cnditn r inadequ8

S/ cn unrstnd thm nt wantng thngs t/ b sld as 'mircle cres' fr tht cnditn bcse thre r mny despr8 & vulnrble ppl

Slf C nothng wrng wth ear-sds in princple as a prodct in itslf tho

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
1 issu fr ME sfferrs = tht mny hve spnt £10-15-20,000 on dffrnt treatmnts

Mstly bcse mainstrm treatmnts fr tht cnditn r inadequ8

S/ cn unrstnd thm nt wantng thngs t/ b sld as 'mircle cres' fr tht cnditn bcse thre r mny despr8 & vulnrble ppl

Slf C nothng wrng wth ear-sds in princple as a prodct in itslf tho
Yea I totally get that and I am trying to stay balanced. There are a lot of grifters out there but on both sides I think. I really think we should be looking at two things though. First, why is mainstream treatment inadequate? And why aren't we looking more into the stories of honest people who have successfully recovered using alternative treatment. Even if it's just a placebo effect.