• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you deal with Christmas/Holiday music anxiety/sadness

• Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
A

aBLEACHyindividual

Sep 5, 2020
Anybody else deal with this? Idk. Every time after Thanksgiving when they would start to play the Christmas music I would start to feel sad. And I feel even more sad this year. Probably because nothing during the Holiday season was ever good for me for many reasons. I was also stabbed and went through some other physical incidents during this season. It's not just the music for me but it's the atmosphere as well, all the Christmas stuff on peoples lawns and all the commercials, but it's especially the music because I don't really watch TV and my family always has a radio on in the house.

J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
Yes! When I was younger, I liked Christmas music and all the festivities around the holidays. But now, it makes me sad, stressed, and teary. Wish it was different. But then again I wish most everything was different!
I'm sorry you have had Holiday trauma. :'(

• Hugs
Reactions: aBLEACHyindividual
A

aBLEACHyindividual

Sep 5, 2020
Yes! When I was younger, I liked Christmas music and all the festivities around the holidays. But now, it makes me sad, stressed, and teary. Wish it was different. But then again I wish most everything was different!
I'm sorry you have had Holiday trauma. :'(
Yes I think it's from what happened in my younger years too like many things they leave an impression maybe. Damn.

J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
Yes I think it's from what happened in my younger years too like many things they leave an impression maybe. Damn.
That's very true. It's all different things for me. Money, stress - Major fights around holidays or on Christmas Day. Losing the person I thought I'd be with. You're right. Damn

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
This will be my fifth Christmas alone. There is nothing festive here in the bunker. It's just another day in dystopian paradise. All this crap about watching out for people's mental health and caring for lonely people over the holidays. I guess I don't count. And all the UK protesting over virus restrictions and how it should be lifted over the holidays for everyone's sanity. Give me a break. I used to enjoy Christmas when I had a family to spend it with. Now it's just another day. I'll probably go and collect leaves in the woods and have a bottle of wine.

D

DJJE

Sep 29, 2020
Its still November.

But being on lockdown is helping. I don't constantly have to see people harping on about how great there families are.

Selfish cunts. They know some people have knowwhere to go. If you're that happy in life theirs no need to boast about it. Certainly not in Great Britain anyway

A

aBLEACHyindividual

Sep 5, 2020
Its still November.

But being on lockdown is helping. I don't constantly have to see people harping on about how great there families are.

Selfish cunts. They know some people have knowwhere to go. If you're that happy in life theirs no need to boast about it. Certainly not in Great Britain anyway
Dunno where you live but here they're already playing Christmas music and people have put up Christmas stuff on their lawn several days ago.

I feel more bitterness towards the holidays than true sadness but at the very least I can still get sucked into holiday specials sometimes.
Lol, starting to feel like Scrooge from a Christmas story or Carol whatever it's called.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
My solution

Ooops! I meant this one:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
To be honest, I voted no, but it hasn't always been that way. I loved Christmas when I was a kid, but shortly after reaching adulthood, I began to hate it, but now it's just irrelevant to me. Just like @Soul I see it as something to make fun of since the holiday itself is just another way for big stores to make a lot of extra money while the people that buy their stuff end up wasting it all anyway.

With all that being said, here is a TRUE representation of what it's all about:

Reactions: MrBlue
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I think christmas is the only holiday I don't get it really. I don't get the utter excitement for it that people have, but it's usually a neutral event compared to valentines's day or halloween etc.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Holiday music doesn't stress me out or make me sad. I just think it's super annoying, like kids music.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Actually I didn't mean to make fun of it - I just meant being Jewish is pretty good insulation. I think northern-hemisphere humans have an atavistic fear of the shortening of the daylight this time of year, so festivities with lots of lights (and hopefully food) are bound to be popular.

I'm not sure what southern-hemisphere peeps get out of it.