H

hushpuppi-savastano

Aug 20, 2024
Watertight tent ✅

4kg of charcoal divided into 4 metal buckets ✅

I thought you were supposed to light it up and go inside with the smoke in the tent, but someone here told me it's better to wait an hour for the smoke to clear before going in with the coals. But honestly, that sounds a bit too good to be true, considering we only light the charcoal once and it's not like it's a fire that's constantly burning. So, I'm looking for advice from to make sure I'm doing this the safest way possible

Please refrain from commenting unless you have concrete knowledge.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Why would you want to go into a tent with smoking charcoal, suffering with all the smoke while waiting for the tent to fill with CO? It shouldn't take an hour for the charcoals to stop smoking. The charcoal should be lit afire outside the tent then allowed to burn until the smoke ceases and the coals are burning red hot. THEN they get moved into the tent and more time, maybe 20 minutes, is allowed to elapse before entering the tent. You do understand that the smoke is NOT the CO, right? CO is ODORLESS and COLORLESS. 9 lbs should be more than enough if they're burning properly and the tent is well sealed.

Reactions: Life interrupted
F

Freyr_user

Sep 9, 2024
I tried CO in a tent with 4 disposable bbq trays. Obviously waited for the fire to change to the coals glowing. I closed up the tent and tried to sleep. I passed out for 7hrs, but woke up and opened the tent to puke in a daze. I was incredibly lightheaded and ended up turning myself into the Police as I knew there would be a missing person alert about me. I went to hospital in an ambulance and was on oxygen for 6hrs. That was my last proper attempt in Oct 2020.

J

Juggernaut1010

May 31, 2024
I don't think you would be able to handle all of the smoke in the tent. Id recommend getting a chimney starter to get the coals nice and hot before using them.

Life interrupted

Life interrupted

Trapped in life
Mar 18, 2022
I tried CO in a tent with 4 disposable bbq trays. Obviously waited for the fire to change to the coals glowing. I closed up the tent and tried to sleep. I passed out for 7hrs, but woke up and opened the tent to puke in a daze. I was incredibly lightheaded and ended up turning myself into the Police as I knew there would be a missing person alert about me. I went to hospital in an ambulance and was on oxygen for 6hrs. That was my last proper attempt in Oct 2020.
How much charcoal did you use? Was it painful before passing out?

H

hushpuppi-savastano

Aug 20, 2024
Can you tell how much charcoal you used and how you lit it and how long you waited please?