T

Throwaway8675309

As each day grows the reasons to die does as well.
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all!

I ordered SN in 2019 and it's really hard. I think it's because it doesn't have anti-caking agents. Can I grind it (like a coffee grinder or something?) and use it like the amount suggested? It is sealed. I can't afford to get more since the listing and other listings are no longer available.

Thank you.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I think its ok if its been sealed. when mine came it was lumpy.i didn't open the bottle but could tell by shaking it( i just checked an it seems to be in a clump, it easily broke when squashed)

T

Throwaway8675309

Apr 29, 2019
I think its ok if its been sealed. when mine came it was lumpy.i didn't open the bottle but could tell by shaking it( i just checked an it seems to be in a clump, it easily broke when squashed)
Oh okay thanks. I hope that is the case too.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Nah, it will be fine. All sodium nitrite that doesn't have anti-caking will solidify.

Reactions: Bagger
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
Nah, it will be fine. All sodium nitrite that doesn't have anti-caking will solidify.

Great to know why mine always solidify after hard shake.

Reactions: Lost Magic and Fthis
SweetDreams500

SweetDreams500

Narcissistic gay NEETcel
Apr 4, 2021
i hope so
got mine in 2019

F

floofhook

Sep 24, 2020
Test it out just in case.
You could either use blood test or an aquarium testing kit, whatever convenient.

Reactions: Lost Magic
T

Throwaway8675309

Apr 29, 2019
Test it out just in case.
You could either use blood test or an aquarium testing kit, whatever convenient.
What is involved in both?

F

floofhook

Sep 24, 2020
What is involved in both?
For the blood test you need to mix a little bit of the SN with your blood. It should turn brown
A demonstration with pictures

This is a guide for the aquarium test method

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
T

Throwaway8675309

Apr 29, 2019
For the blood test you need to mix a little bit of the SN with your blood. It should turn brown
A demonstration with pictures

This is a guide for the aquarium test method
Thanks. I might test it when i am ready as i don't want it to go bad. Also do you know how bad cyanosis looks like? I don't want to worry anyone.

Moose.000

Moose.000

"Everything is meaningless" ~King Solomon
Apr 10, 2021
I have a friend that cures meats and makes all different kinds of jerky, sausage and slim jim type sticks with his leftovers. He bought his SN back in 2011 and still uses it today. He said it's a "lifetime supply." Constant opening and closing, the seal around the bucket looks a little dry rotted on one side so I know it doesn't form a good seal. Its been in his garage (detached and not temperature controlled) since he purchased it. I'm sure whatever you have is still just as effective as the day you purchased it.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Lost Magic and Fthis
F

floofhook

Sep 24, 2020
Thanks. I might test it when i am ready as i don't want it to go bad. Also do you know how bad cyanosis looks like? I don't want to worry anyone.
I'm sorry I'm not sure.
As far as I know it's different based on skin color (the fairer the skin the bluer it looks)
It's also more visible on lips, fingers, and extremities.
I've read this from various posts on this forum but I haven't seen how it looks first hand.

T

Throwaway8675309

Apr 29, 2019
I have a friend that cures meats and makes all different kinds of jerky, sausage and slim jim type sticks with his leftovers. He bought his SN back in 2011 and still uses it today. He said it's a "lifetime supply." Constant opening and closing, the seal around the bucket looks a little dry rotted on one side so I know it doesn't form a good seal. Its been in his garage (detached and not temperature controlled) since he purchased it. I'm sure whatever you have is still just as effective as the day you purchased it.
I think thats food grade, no?
I'm sorry I'm not sure.
As far as I know it's different based on skin color (the fairer the skin the bluer it looks)
It's also more visible on lips, fingers, and extremities.
I've read this from various posts on this forum but I haven't seen how it looks first hand.
No worries. Just thought I would ask.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Mr Quarky may help you, god I miss him.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-faq-storage-recovery-death.29714/

Cheers

Geo

• Love
Reactions: Busdriver
I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018
What percentage SN is that, if you don't mind me asking?

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
If you google sodium nitrite poisoning and go images you will see exactly what someone looks like. it was posted on here at one time but not sure where

I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018
99% granular form, NaNO2 for food and manufacturing.

Yes, it's food grade. 99% NaNO2
Thanks. I wonder if that sn from 2011 (10 years old) is good enough for meat but not good enough for ctb.

T

Throwaway8675309

Apr 29, 2019
Mr Quarky may help you, god I miss him.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-faq-storage-recovery-death.29714/

Cheers

Geo
Thanks and I'm sorry for your loss.

• Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo