M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Hey everyone have you thought about your funeral arrangements and your prefered way of being buried? Here's my choice I've always loved cherry blossom trees so I kinda want to become one
http://eternitrees.com/flowering-cherry-urn

Reactions: DreamFreedom, Morning Angel, Maravillosa and 9 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I personally don't believe in funerals or burials. They seem like a waste in my opinion.

I say gut me (donate my organs), burn me, and flush my ashes down the toilet.

Reactions: willowtrees0, DreamFreedom, GoingSoonish and 4 others
Neon

Neon

May 20, 2018
The last thing I'd want is to cost people more money on a funeral and casket when I'm already such a waste myself, I'd rather donate my body to science or something useful.

Reactions: bag.of.cats, Lra888, DreamFreedom and 2 others
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
The last thing I'd want is to cost people more money on a funeral and casket when I'm already such a waste myself, I'd rather donate my body to science or something useful.
I'm paying myself and I just want to be one with nature

Reactions: lv-gras, DeathBecomesMe and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Gengogakusha

Gengogakusha

Crazy Cat Lady
Sep 5, 2018
My mum is a druid so I was raised to have a great admiration and respect for nature.
I think your choice is beautiful.

Reactions: Lra888, Miss clefable and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Pointlessabyss

Pointlessabyss

Impulse will takeover one day...
Sep 17, 2018
Sounds nice and very good of you to fund it yourself !!

Never really given a thought about what would happen after... think I'd prefer to be cremated though. Even if I know I'm gonna do a good job at CTB I just hate the thought of my body stuck in a box.

Reactions: lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Miss clefable
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
I love this cherry blossom tree idea -- i think it's beautiful to find something still poignant and meaningful like that, esp in relation to ctb and what comes after on earth.

i used to entertain the idea of my funeral being a fun spectacle. though i think the circumstances would dampen the mood so the attendees might not be into it. so throwing a tasteless party would just kill me (well, you know what i mean). i hear cremation is terrible for the environment (what little there is left to save).

but i've always been a fan of giving mine to scientific research. in school, we worked on actual skeletons for our radiology courses or maybe i could be one of those corpses that are studied to observe the effects of exposure and rates of decay in certain environments.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RM5998, Circles and 1 other person
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
I doubt anything will really be done with my body or that there will be any ceremonies which is good, no wasting money on me. But I don't care that much what happens to my body as I'll be dead.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Desperate_Soul
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Miss clefable
Duqu

Duqu

Aug 27, 2018
Hey everyone have you thought about your funeral arrangements and your prefered way of being buried? Here's my choice I've always loved cherry blossom trees so I kinda want to become one
http://eternitrees.com/flowering-cherry-urn

Miss Clefable have you made your wishes known so you can be sure you'll be buried that way? Like, my mom knows and she's the executor of my will. I mean she gets almost everything (what little I have) so it's not much of a title but she's also my medical person to make medical decisions in case I can't because she knows what I want (not live as a vegetable/comatose etc) and I trust her to follow my wishes. I know I'm very lucky to have a mother so understanding.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
Use whatever is usable and throw me in the ground.

Reactions: DreamFreedom, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RM5998 and 2 others
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Miss Clefable have you made your wishes known so you can be sure you'll be buried that way? Like, my mom knows and she's the executor of my will. I mean she gets almost everything (what little I have) so it's not much of a title but she's also my medical person to make medical decisions in case I can't because she knows what I want (not live as a vegetable/comatose etc) and I trust her to follow my wishes. I know I'm very lucky to have a mother so understanding.
Yes I have

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
Duqu

Duqu

Aug 27, 2018
That's good.

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I'd rather be cremated and put into a river, the ocean or maybe space if that was an option. I may hate myself but damn I sure as hell wouldn't want to be discarded and put into the gutter like trash. Different strokes for different folks.

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
@Zanexx was buried at Eden Valley Woodland Burial Ground in Edenbridge, Kent, England:

https://www.funeralzone.co.uk/obituaries/51303

http://www.edenvalleyburials.org.uk/eden-valley-woodland-burial-ground/

Does anybody know if there are similar natural burial grounds in Southern California? I could forego a grave in a Catholic cemetery, complete with flat gravestone with my full name, "Beloved Daughter and Sister", dates of birth and death and epitaph ("Jesus, I trust in You"), if there was a natural burial ground near where I live. Eden Valley seems very pretty and peaceful...

Edit: I found out that there are two natural burial grounds in the San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California:

http://www.fernwoodcemetery.com/green-cemetery-san-francisco-bay-area

http://www.steelmantowncemetery.com/purissima.html

I lived in the Bay Area when I was attending Mills College in the mid-1980s, and I loved the beauty and climate (milder than SoCal). I suppose that I could ask my survivors to take my body to Fernwood or Purissima, but that would take some money -- money that I do not currently have :meh:

Last edited:
lostinthedream

lostinthedream

Warlock
Sep 2, 2018
cremation for me.. and from there, i really don't care..

M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
I've requested in my will for no funeral service and for cremation. I believe it's considerably cheaper.

Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
I'd like to be creamated and have my ashes thrown in the ocean.

Reactions: Escargot Shorts, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Miss clefable
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
tumblr_pfd78c9yQq1rugj5t_540.jpg

actually, fuck it, i want to be THIS.

Reactions: willowtrees0, DreamFreedom, lv-gras and 3 others
L

Lost21

Student
Sep 24, 2018
I would prefer to be cremated so no one remembers me

tothemetalsickness

tothemetalsickness

World of Warcraft gamer
Oct 4, 2018
I'm a Buddhist so no burial for me, only cremation. After being cremated, the ashes will be thrown in the ocean and that's all.

ctoan

ctoan

Arcanist
Sep 30, 2018
my last wish that everyone including the priest get drunk as fuck at the funeral and when they let my casket down the whole i expect some applause

Reactions: DreamFreedom, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
GoingSoonish

GoingSoonish

It is what it is
Aug 19, 2018
If i could choose i would either be fed to wild animals or buried in the soil so that microorganisms could consume me.

DreamFreedom

DreamFreedom

Thane
Oct 3, 2018
I don't want any fancy funeral/ gathering. Just throw me in the ground and plant a tree through my face. I always wanted a natural burial.

Reactions: Miss clefable, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
Avicii

Avicii

Looking
Sep 4, 2018
I personally don't believe in funerals or burials. They seem like a waste in my opinion.

I say gut me (donate my organs), burn me, and flush my ashes down the toilet.
i was walking through a grave yard yesterday, plenty of flowers on just recent dead but those that died in the 1930s, 40s, 50s etc nothing totally forgotten about pointless really

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
i was walking through a grave yard yesterday, plenty of flowers on just recent dead but those that died in the 1930s, 40s, 50s etc nothing totally forgotten about pointless really
No one will send me flowers so I will become one

Reactions: lv-gras, Escargot Shorts, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
eczema

eczema

Oct 6, 2018
i want to rot in the woods, but that probably won't happen, so i want to be buried with a stuffed gorilla i've had since childhood

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, bag.of.cats and 3 others