DropletOfFrenesi

DropletOfFrenesi

Sep 8, 2024
I am considering this. My original plan was to simply jump off a building, but the only one I had access to I can't get to the top of anymore as a security guard stopped me from jumping there lately.

If I place the blade properly between my ribs, hold the knife with both my hands and fall with my body weight on top of it, would the blade go right through my heart and kill me quickly, or is the instant death from heart damage thing a myth? I don't really care if it hurts, only if it works.

• Aww..
Reactions: Xiaomi
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
The amount of incredibly strong muscle between ribs would make the near impossible. The amount of force it would take to get through all of that muscle and tissue and the to the heart would be incredible. Falling onto a blade would be lucky to pierce halfway through all of it. Not to mention the stars would have to align for you to manage to not only get through all of that, but aim perfectly to actually pierce the heart. More than likely you'd end up in a lung. Not a fun way to die. This isn't gonna work.

• Informative
Reactions: ladylazarus4, sugarb and Plato'sCaveDweller
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I would advice against this, it will be too painful and very unreliable the knife could easily slip as you drop down up it and you end up missing your heart

Reactions: ladylazarus4 and Plato'sCaveDweller
DropletOfFrenesi

DropletOfFrenesi

Sep 8, 2024
The amount of incredibly strong muscle between ribs would make the near impossible. The amount of force it would take to get through all of that muscle and tissue and the to the heart would be incredible. Falling onto a blade would be lucky to pierce halfway through all of it. Not to mention the stars would have to align for you to manage to not only get through all of that, but aim perfectly to actually pierce the heart. More than likely you'd end up in a lung. Not a fun way to die. This isn't gonna work.
I see. What if I utilize the same strategy, but aiming for one of my neck's carotids instead? There's little muscle to get in the way there.

Reactions: ladylazarus4
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Your neck muscles are still stronger than you think. And again, the odds of you somehow managing to intentionally just miraculously fall onto a blade with the right angle and force to do that are almost comically low.

Reactions: ladylazarus4 and Plato'sCaveDweller
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
Oh boy, that one scene from Saving Private Ryan comes to mind.

In all seriousness, I believe it is a risky, unreliable method much like disembowelment. Even Samurai warriors in the old days, had difficulty slicing themselves up and required a partner to finish the job.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
H

HopeToStay

May 31, 2024
Yeah don't do that. That could go terribly wrong and you could end up in horrible pain and still alive.

I wouldn't recommend any knife method but there are far better ones than what you have described if all you have is a knife.

sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Borderline impossible to pull off and thus incredibly risky. Even if successful it'd be agonizing. Non-method