sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
if i tell my psychiatrist i have trouble sleeping, anxiety and stress. will he prescribe benzos. i have no idea what kind of medication psychs prescribe as i have always refused their offers for medicine. is benzos something commonly prescribed by psych professionals? or will i get something totally other? what can i say to ensure i get benzos. as i understand - benzo is only necessary to calm you after the SN drink, and i could forego them, but… i would like to have them anyway. that would make me less stressed just to have them. i don't want to buy anything in shady places online. it's not OTC so how do i get it prescribed. can anyone share their story with me? sorry if the question is stupid

IM3DUS4

IM3DUS4

Sep 23, 2024
what i did was telling that i couldn't sleep and saying that my mom takes medicine x (look up a common benzo brand in your country) and i took half a pil of that and it helped a lot. i told the doctor i wanted the same medication since it worked so well and i got it.

Reactions: reallysleepy and BlackCatCrossing
Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
It is not stupid and no need to apologize, but I don't think you would get them easy (at least where I live, don't know about yours), specially because there are non-benzos that are safer and (generally) better. I take quetiapine to sleep and it is not a benzo.

Reactions: Mateira
sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
what i did was telling that i couldn't sleep and saying that my mom takes medicine x (look up a common benzo brand in your country) and i took half a pil of that and it helped a lot. i told the doctor i wanted the same medication since it worked so well and i got it.
ok i'll try. i did tell this doctor that i don't want any meds. hopefully i can convince him i changed my mind. he is pretty keen on prescribing me something so he might agree easier than i think. are you going with SN too?
It is not stupid and no need to apologize, but I don't think you would get them easy (at least where I live, don't know about yours), specially because there are non-benzos that are safer and (generally) better. I take quetiapine to sleep and is not a benzo.
yeah. i might just have to go without. so many medications require a prescription. i start wondering why the government cares so much.

Romanticize

Romanticize

Aug 22, 2024
Tell him you are going through a lot of stress in life [and it's temporary] like a divorce or a job change. Cannot sleep, got anxiety and panic attacks.

He should prescribe 1 pack but give you a lecture how they are addictive etc. Then you assure him you didnt use them before, and you will not continue to use after this 1 pack, because this is temporary.

1 pack should even first care doctor prescribe. Psychiatrists sometimes prescribe more, but eventually they want to switch to SSRIs, which also lower anxiety levels.

ANOTHER METHOD:
Also, ex-alcoholics got clonazepam for their symptoms. They happily exchange this strong benzo for some money or alcohol. If you have alcoholism treatment center in your vicinity, you could wander around a bit and ask if they have some clonazepam for share.

sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
Tell him you are going through a lot of stress in life [and it's temporary] like a divorce or a job change. Cannot sleep, got anxiety and panic attacks.

He should prescribe 1 pack but give you a lecture how they are addictive etc. Then you assure him you didnt use them before, and you will not continue to use after this 1 pack, because this is temporary.

1 pack should even first care doctor prescribe. Psychiatrists sometimes prescribe more, but eventually they want to switch to SSRIs, which also lower anxiety levels.

ANOTHER METHOD:
Also, ex-alcoholics got clonazepam for their symptoms. They happily exchange this strong benzo for some money or alcohol. If you have alcoholism treatment center in your vicinity, you could wander around a bit and ask if they have some clonazepam for share.
i can tell him i'm under a lot of stress due to sudden reactive tinnitus. i think. thanks

BlackCatCrossing

BlackCatCrossing

Aug 27, 2024
What state/country are you in?

Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
I take Ativan for my anxiety but I used to take Klonopin. They'll most likely start you off on something that isn't a benzo but maybe you'll luck out. I would just tell them you're struggling with anxiety attacks or general anxiety

D

Dai

Aug 15, 2024
Hopefully all the SN people won't make Benzos impossible to get for people like me who actually need them for anxiety

• Aww..
Reactions: Just_Another_Person
Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
Hopefully all the SN people won't make Benzos impossible to get for people like me who actually need them for anxiety
Feel ya. I don't wanna go to the ER feeling like I'm dying because I can't have some clonazepam at home lol

Reactions: Dai
reallysleepy

reallysleepy

She/her
Oct 25, 2023
I was actually having problem sleeping and was struggling with anxiety and my psych prescribed me with something that wasn't benzos and didn't work out at all lol. So after a month or so I asked him to give me smth stronger and he gave me some. Depends on the psych, some give you Clonazepam directly. Depends on the country too I guess.

Also if you use drugs or know someone that does maybe you can ask the dealer and maybe they'll know someone who sells them.

God luck getting them ❤️‍🩹

sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
i have generalised anxiety. i never wanted to take any meds because of tinnitus - most psych meds are ototoxic (ear poison). they always wanted to give me something but i always refused for this reason. and i'm not really sure why you commented this? i'm not taking anything from you, this doesn't answer my question whatsoever. and i really don't need any attitudes right now when my tinnitus is making my life continuously unbearable,
I take Ativan for my anxiety but I used to take Klonopin. They'll most likely start you off on something that isn't a benzo but maybe you'll luck out. I would just tell them you're struggling with anxiety attacks or general anxiety
thanks everyone for replying. i don't know why but notifications didn't show up for me on this post. yeah. i thought so. benzos seemed like not something they would just prescribe. i'll try

Last edited:
MsHelena

MsHelena

Jun 20, 2024
In the US at least, the DEA has already done a remarkable job of doing this, unfortunately.

I don't think the number of SN folks seeking benzos should make any significant difference here.

That said, I agree that any publicity of using benzos as an assist could provide yet another excuse for prescribers to deny or cut patients from their medications.

In this current climate I think it would be extremely difficult to be prescribed any benzos- it's much more likely they will want to prescribe an antidepressant or anything that isn't a benzo.

sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
In the US at least, the DEA has already done a remarkable job of doing this, unfortunately.

I don't think the number of SN folks seeking benzos should make any significant difference here.

That said, I agree that any publicity of using benzos as an assist could provide yet another excuse for prescribers to deny or cut patients from their medications.

In this current climate I think it would be extremely difficult to be prescribed any benzos- it's much more likely they will want to prescribe an antidepressant or anything that isn't a benzo.
at least they could take these medications. if you have awful ears. you get no help from pills. screw all those meds anyway. just thought i'd try it before i die. wouldn't care anymore and maybe it'd make me calm.