• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

thelastchicken

thelastchicken

Dec 26, 2019
I would really like to receive such notifications, and to know that the person to which I respond will be made aware of the fact in case they have the chat closed at the moment of my reply (if they choose to have the notification on of course).

To be honest, given the abundance of all kinds of notifications, the lack of these ones puzzles me. Is there a specific reason why the personal interactions in the chat room are treated differently compared to the ones on the forum and on the personal walls?

Thank you

Last edited:
Science Is Scary

Science Is Scary

Evidence is the path to the truth. Maybe.
Oct 17, 2019
In the Chat, there's a Settings gears icon. Click/tap that and then click/tap the Notifications tab. Check the Receive mention alerts option.

That option should make it so that you receive alerts in the Alerts bell icon when someone @username mentions you in chat. But I guess other people would have to check it too to receive alerts from you.

Thank you @CynicalHopelessness for helping to test that it works.

thelastchicken

thelastchicken

Dec 26, 2019
In the Chat, there's a Settings gears icon. Click/tap that and then click/tap the Notifications tab. Check the Receive mention alerts option.

That option should make it so that you receive alerts in the Alerts bell icon when someone @username mentions you in chat. But I guess other people would have to check it too to receive alerts from you.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I've checked those notifications since the chat became accessible to me and they never worked. They turned out to not make any difference at all, I even forgot about them lol, hence the complete overlooking of the experience in the op.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018

Thank you @CynicalHopelessness for helping to test that it works.
Mit4

thelastchicken

thelastchicken

Dec 26, 2019
As @Science Is Scary just told me, this setting worked for him in Firefox.

Does it work well for anybody in Tor?