mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
So, I'm back to work on Monday after being off sick for 8 months with Long Covid and bipolar.
only doing 2 days a week and only a few hours.
I want to go back but I'm also terrified. I've created this bubble around me and won't let anyone in.
I know I'll go back to just doing admin but I'll still get the families coming in to see loved ones in the chapel of rest etc and helping setting it up. I said I thought I'd be ok with it but I keep dreaming about it. I can't afford to retire yet, and it was a job I once loved a relished.
can I do this?

• Hugs
Reactions: Redacted24, boddibo, ForgottenAgain and 2 others
M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
Sending you all my best. It's so difficult after time out.

I had 10/11 months out last year without really any meaningful rehab / recovery and it was too much - it was a new job I somehow got in NHS.

Just today I had a friend / ex-colleague knock on my door concerned about me, talking about a job I left and used to relish that there is still a vacancy for.

I hope your former enthusiasm and familiarity can see you back to it ok.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Sending you all my best. It's so difficult after time out.

I had 10/11 months out last year without really any meaningful rehab / recovery and it was too much - it was a new job I somehow got in NHS.

Just today I had a friend / ex-colleague knock on my door concerned about me, talking about a job I left and used to relish that there is still a vacancy for.

I hope your former enthusiasm and familiarity can see you back to it ok.
Im in the NHS too.

Reactions: matt1968
T

TheDruBo

Orange, I guess.
Jan 25, 2024
I'm one of those NEETs, hate dealing with normies.This might cheer you up:

• Hugs
Reactions: mortuarymary
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
How do you find it? I've found them really great in terms of support with some managers and teams and then horrible with others!
Depends which department you work in

Reactions: matt1968
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
So, I'm back to work on Monday after being off sick for 8 months with Long Covid and bipolar.
only doing 2 days a week and only a few hours.
I want to go back but I'm also terrified. I've created this bubble around me and won't let anyone in.
I know I'll go back to just doing admin but I'll still get the families coming in to see loved ones in the chapel of rest etc and helping setting it up. I said I thought I'd be ok with it but I keep dreaming about it. I can't afford to retire yet, and it was a job I once loved a relished.
can I do this?
Hadn't seen this post til now. You r one tough cookie. You've supported me many times. You can do this. You are capable and can go back to work feeling strong. I'm here 4 you