bramblebamblebambe

bramblebamblebambe

Jan 3, 2023
Sorry I'm struggling with writing atm, my grammar is a bit shit, but hope it makes sense! 😅

Found this survey but after completing it, I couldn't find the original page, to find more info, 😞 sorry. But I think the more people partake the more awareness and ideas could help find solutions.

I think maybe just supposed to be UK participants, and know there might be some cultural differences but think can benefit from anyone autistic giving experience.

It doesn't really give much space to write own experiences but it is a start to being seen and listened to.

There is a part near the end, where you can write three suggestions, what you think needs to change with support for autism.

One example I gave is to educate doctors, teachers, schools, employers, and other professions, as well as students in school so we are believed and taken seriously, not gaslit, I dunno about your guys experiences, but I've been told 'isn't everyone a bit autistic', not believed that feel pain more intensely because of sensory issues and was left crying in pain after procedure, which has made me untrusting of Doctors.

I also suggested better education for autistics like things such as reading body language and recognizing certain triggers phrases so know if someone might be lying or wanting to take advantage or manipulate.

Also assertiveness training to help with fawning.

I'm curious to know any of your guys ideas!

Also please share any experiences you feel comfy with that you want to get off your chest. I feel like it's more common for autistics to go experience trauma then to not, which is heartbreaking.
Because neurotypical people generally rely heavily on status, I think subconsciously we are seen as less or inferior.

I cant remember where I read it, so don't know if true so please take with a pinch of salt but something about NT are able to tell something is "off" about am autistic person without knowing they are autistic cause of our behaviors make them feel the uncanny valley effect.

I hope something comes from this. 🙏✨

Reactions: DarkThoughts, sserafim, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
Filled it out :)

• Love
Reactions: bramblebamblebambe