sweetbraid

sweetbraid

Apr 15, 2018
Sooo I've been on HRT for two months today(trans!), and it has done WONDERS for my self-esteem and sense of self and the whole thing, I'm still suicidal! I'm thinking I'll attempt tonight but I don't want to do something and then, if i survive, my doctors refuse to continue giving me hrt. I don't think it's likely that I'd survive OR that, if I did, any doctor with half a brain would stop giving me HRT but on the chance I did survive, do you think it would be likely they would take me off of HRT based on my suicidality?
thanks~

H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
I guess it depends on the doctors and where you live, but as you say yourself, HRT has been doing wonders for your self-esteem. Getting you off it would only make you more suicidal. The doctors would be dumb if they do that. It would even be an asshole move.

• Love
Reactions: sweetbraid
vrotka

vrotka

Nov 21, 2019
Hopefully they wouldn't take you off it in such case, especially if you explained to them the suicidal ideation didn't come from HRT.

• Love
Breakout92

Breakout92

Student
Mar 10, 2021
I doubt they would take you off. I know some people for whom the opposite happened, they weren't yet on hrt but got fast tracked into starting after surviving a suicide attempt that was motivated by not having gotten on it yet. This is in America however so maybe it's different if you're in the UK or somewhere with even worse lgbt healthcare.

• Love
sweetbraid

sweetbraid

Apr 15, 2018
I doubt they would take you off. I know some people for whom the opposite happened, they weren't yet on hrt but got fast tracked into starting after surviving a suicide attempt that was motivated by not having gotten on it yet. This is in America however so maybe it's different if you're in the UK or somewhere with even worse lgbt healthcare.
i live in canada! specifically ontario! so yes, i think this concept would apply. thank you!!!

• Love
Reactions: Breakout92