• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
Hi there Sir Admin, sometimes I get random people just click follow me. People that I never engage in a discussion with nor ever came across with in a thread. Just due to privacy reason, I don't want people that I don't know/never engage with to follow my profile.

I have look under Setting and there NO function that would me remove my followers. Not a friend that I follow (following), but someone that follow me (followers).

Please help, and thank you Admin.

And a million times thank you for this site to those like us have a home.

Last edited:
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
I'd like to know this info, too

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I don't think you can. I try and only follow people I've engaged with already and feel comfortable that they wouldn't mind me following them.

Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
I tried clicking on the OP's profile but it says this user limits people who can see their profile so there has to be some kind of option.

T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
Hi @goddesspyche

Yes, my profile is set to private, but you see when I'm in a thread like this one we in, you can click on my nickname once and it has a button on that left that say Follow. And that how people follow me. I mean I don't like that, especially when we never talk before.

Anyhoo I just wish there an option where you can remove/chose to keep who follow you.

Reactions: Marchioness
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
What does the Follow function even mean? I don't understand. Can someone please explain?
Under your profile there's a side scroll thing a little way down. There should be a tab with News Feed I think. That contains a list of posts from people you follow.
I think that's where it is, was looking at it today but I'm on mobile now and I can't find it.

Reactions: Mr2005 and Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Ok, thank you for the explanation.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Under your profile there's a side scroll thing a little way down. There should be a tab with News Feed I think. That contains a list of posts from people you follow.
I think that's where it is, was looking at it today but I'm on mobile now and I can't find it.
Scratch all that!
The scrolly thing is under What's New not your profile.

Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
The actual question is: what is the utility pf following?

N

NotMeant2B

Sep 26, 2019
Maybe you are referring "Block" button, that let's you choose individually the users you want to keep them from following you.
Or maybe more like a "Select the group you want to share your info with" feature, such as "Public", or "People I follow", or "None".
Or perhaps you want to remain anonymous altogether? Like an imageboard type of fashion.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Maybe you are referring "Block" button, that let's you choose individually the users you want to keep them from following you.
Or maybe more like a "Select the group you want to share your info with" feature, such as "Public", or "People I follow", or "None".
Or perhaps you want to remain anonymous altogether? Like an imageboard type of fashion.

There is an ignore button so that you don't see the posts of those you ignore and are not notified when they mention you or react to your posts. I am not aware of a block button on the forum where you can keep them from seeing what you post or being able to follow you. Is there such a function on this forum?

N

NotMeant2B

Sep 26, 2019
There is an ignore button so that you don't see the posts of those you ignore and are not notified when they mention you or react to your posts. I am not aware of a block button on the forum where you can keep them from seeing what you post or being able to follow you. Is there such a function on this forum?
No, I was trying to say that, if such a feature were to be implemented, it might be identified as a block button.
Just trying to figure out what OP is really looking for.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
I don't want to block anyone. I never engage with them so what is there to block. It just I'm not comfortable with people I never engage/talk with just click follow me out of no where. I just hope there is a button where you can remove a follower/followers. Like a list and you have a remove button to keep who in the follower list.

Anyhoo, no Admin answer, I guess there is no option to remove a follower then.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Hi there Sir Admin, sometimes I get random people just click follow me. People that I never engage in a discussion with nor ever came across with in a thread. Just due to privacy reason, I don't want people that I don't know/never engage with to follow my profile.

I have look under Setting and there NO function that would me remove my followers. Not a friend that I follow (following), but someone that follow me (followers).

Why not send a polite message to explain you are not comfortable with them following you as you've never talked or engaged before.

Why not send a polite message to explain you are not comfortable with them following you as you've never talked or engaged before.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I don't follow anyone... It's nothing personal to anyone on here. I don't want anyone to think I'm creepy or stalking them. :wink: