N

nurplexkid

Oct 27, 2018
'My body is unserviceable and well past its sell-by date': the last days of Avril Henry

"People with a terminal illness are the lucky ones," Avril said. "I have longed for a diagnosis of cancer."

It's a long article but well worth reading. An elderly woman in her 80s, whose body was failing, choose to die by N but not before the police kicked her door down and took what they thought was her only supply. This article really captures the horror of aging and the injustice of preventing people from going when they're ready.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fin, Wrennie, pthnrdnojvsc and 19 others
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Lucky and smart lady!
When the pandemic started I was reading an article about some old people who hoped to get Covid and die from it. It just shows how necessary assisted suicide is. It would reduce so much suffering.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: lofticries, death137, ithappens and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Damn! Aging sucks so badly!
I'm deffo getting the hell out of this planet before my 40s.
I have some years to enjoy life but I wonder, will I be able to really do it?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hurt, death137, ithappens and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
A right to die really is needed, it is our own body, we should get to decide when to go. That woman had a perfectly rational desire to die, the body can literally be a prison. I dread the thought of getting older, physically and mentally decaying.

Reactions: Wrennie, pthnrdnojvsc, death137 and 3 others
Grave

Grave

tired
Mar 5, 2021
I'm deffo getting the hell out of this planet before my 40s.
Yeah, I told this to my therapist that even if I wasn't going to ctb soon, I'd definitely do it before I was 40, and he was just like "oh well, I'd quite been looking forward to my 40th birthday". Honestly some people are just built differently, I'm not made for this life, maybe he is.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, pthnrdnojvsc, death137 and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
and he was just like "oh well, I'd quite been looking forward to my 40th birthday"
No human being, sane or insane, has ever said that & meant it :))

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and saltshaker
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Damn, being old sounds so miserable. I don't know why anyone wants it. ACAB.

Reactions: ihatemen420 and death137
Hattywacky

Hattywacky

Wrong side of average
May 9, 2021
Amazing woman and read. A truly rationed suicide. I wonder if a doctor would have been so convinced If she hadn't of been old. We are all slowly decaying, is it rational to take your life a week? A year? Two years? before a natural death?
I envy that she got to forewarn her loved ones, to relieve potential distress.

Reactions: ihatemen420 and pthnrdnojvsc
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
I hate the idea of aging. Even when I read it I have instant ctb thoughts.
To live pissing on myself and with the drool falling from my mouth I prefer to die. If I'm suicidal now that I'm young imagine when I'm older with all those health issues. No, no.

• Hugs
Reactions: ihatemen420, demuic and pthnrdnojvsc
Hattywacky

Hattywacky

Wrong side of average
May 9, 2021
I hate the idea of aging. Even when I read it I have instant ctb thoughts.
To live pissing on myself and with the drool falling from my mouth I prefer to die. If I'm suicidal now that I'm young imagine when I'm older with all those health issues. No, no.
It's the loss of the things our society's have decided to value, independence, beauty etc you'd think we'd value things that don't disappear with old age seeing as it's coming to everybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: demuic, Hurt and lofticries
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
This is why ppl who say they wanna live to be100 are the weirdest of all. A guy lived that much and more and finally said that's enough bullshit, let me die.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and Hurt
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
The title is kind of misleading cause he doesnt look healthy/in good condition, bony and limping, etc

Look at his shirt "ageing disgracefully"

Age isnt just a number. Its ageing that matters too. They couldnt be happy because their body is deteriorating and life and social life go down the hill

Even people who are young is unhappy if their body and life become like that
This is why ppl who say they wanna live to be100 are the weirdest of all. A guy lived that much and more and finally said that's enough bullshit, let me die.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wrennie and lofticries
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I'm already afflicted with various medical ailments despite my youth. It is my primary reason for CTB. The thought of getting older and my conditions worsening/being exacerbated fills me with dread. I wasn't designed to live a long life. I want to end it now, before the physical and psychological suffering become truly unbearable. I hate that they'd just dismiss me as crazy or irrational for doing so because their bodies are freaking healthy & they've never had to experience an inkling of what I've had to endure. :mmm:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and Efilismislife
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
Yeah same i realize i never thought about being in old age too :shy: Like i couldnt even see it.

Funny thing is when people scold me to think about how im gonna handle my life in old age i said "who said im gonna leave till that long?" And theyre just speechless

Its weird but sometimes im surprised of realizing that.

But my life is like on pause though due to health issues, etc

I'm already afflicted with various medical ailments despite my youth. It is my primary reason for CTB. The thought of getting older and my conditions worsening/being exacerbated fills me with dread. I wasn't designed to live a long life. I want to end it now, before the physical and psychological suffering become truly unbearable. I hate that they'd just dismiss me as crazy or irrational for doing so because their bodies are freaking healthy & they've never had to experience an inkling of what I've had to endure. :mmm:

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, lofticries and Wrennie