• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I have listened to an analysis. Putin hopes that the Western countries will be fed up about the war if it continues for a long time. I think in the US it is not that popular to spend billion of dollars to help Ukraine if the own infrastructure is fucked.

The people in the West will be annoyed and desensitized always be listening to hellish news. Afer a long time the emotional impact decreases. The interest in it will decrease. Maybe similar to the war in Yemen. Like nobody cares about the starving population there. And one of our allies is deeply involved in it. It is a shame.

It is a theory that Putin hopes for this scenario. I am kind of scared. I can partly understand both sides. But I think it is really important to support Ukraine like a moral obligation. Though if the war really keeps on for many years...I also understand that the people don't want to spednd every month billion of dollar in new weapons.

It is really a dilemma. I don't have a good solution. But this theory really scares me.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I ask myself it whether the fact that this thread barely gets attention confirms the hypothesis of the title...

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I believe Putin wants Ukraine to be wiped out and forgotten about. I do think it is important (on a moral level at least) to support any country that is invaded. I am still in utter disbelief about how much a failure the United Nations has been when it comes to preventing wars. It was a noble idea that was badly executed. At this rate the world could end up with Nukes flying all over the place. In my opinion, humans have already failed as a species. It's just a shame that the earth and all the rest of its inhabitants have to suffer as a consequence.

Nlis2244

Nlis2244

Alone
May 13, 2022
Yeah, it seems to me that people are quickly becoming tired, both because of apathy towards the crimes taking place, and rising prices, etc. This is the main reason I want to Ctb now. The free world Is obviously not supporting Ukraine like it could, and I can't see things becoming better with this growing "war fatigue". Is the free world really this decadent? That people aren't able to resist to the slightest costs for the future good? And what about those who lived trough Ww2? Did they really suffer for years and create the world we live in just for it to be destroyed because of the lack of will to maintain it?
I am just tired of thinking about this. I just feel powerless. I feel like if people really want the horrible world that awaits them in case Russia isn't stopped, they have the right to have it, but I don't want to suffer trough it.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
The media just stopped publicizing this at the rate they used to, but I believe this is far from over. The masses don´t really become bored by their own or have much agency, if the media wanted they could drag any subject for years on end with daily sensationalist reports like they did with "the pandemic".

Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
The media just stopped publicizing this at the rate they used to, but I believe this is far from over. The masses don´t really become bored by their own or have much agency, if the media wanted they could drag any subject for years on end with daily sensationalist reports like they did with "the pandemic".
I agree. I suspect the reason they're decelerating the Ukraine's role in the mass consciousness brainwashing is that they're losing and that there's a struggle going on among people who hold power in the west over whether to turn this into ww3 or try to find an exit strategy of some sort with as much hope of still being able to revive conflicts that help pursue "western" goals as possible. There are also things they'd rather not have to counter such as the nature of the "Ukranian" gov't, who it is who have been cultivating neo-nazis (just as they cultivated islamist jihadis), rape-torture-humanshields by the "good guys", long standing Nato involvement, israeli involvement. There's also been some speculation that the long game includes using western state forces against their own populations. I fear it is not such a crazy "far right" theory. Hopefully I'll be dead by then.

• Love
Reactions: newave3 and whatevs
Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
Really interesting graphic from NASA FIRMS. Comparing activity on July 8th v July 12.

Massive decrease in Russian arty/missile strikes. Could be viewed as the impact HIMARS strikes on Ru ammo dumps and staging areas are having.

The Ukes have used them wisely and they are now starting to have an impact on the war.

Reactions: katagiri83
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Putin is a limp dicked tyrant who needs a 50cal between the eye's! I volunteer to pull the trigger!

Reactions: katagiri83
FrozenMango

FrozenMango

Hello from the other side
Aug 16, 2022
I believe so yes. Unfortunately, there are many Putin apologists in the US. I did not expect the war on Ukraine to last that long.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I believe so yes. Unfortunately, there are many Putin apologists in the US. I did not expect the war on Ukraine to last that long.
Putin apologists on the right are deeply troubling. They seem to have no value for life and liberty (apart from their own of course).