Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
That's my theory

Reactions: Singing In The Rain, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trashcan and 1 other person
Watson

Watson

Wats-on your mind?
Nov 28, 2018
I think so.

People are selfish and would rather let those suffering continue their painful existence than let them go.

And then in turn, those that want to end our pain get called selfish when it's our own god damn life and we are the ones having to go through this bullshit day in and day out.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla, Trashcan and 4 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I dont say it because of all the selfishness - I'm thinking of family who I love but it's all just awkward cos of society's norms, total shame

But good point, I don't know what to think about the selfish ones who don't mind seeing people suffering.

Some say life is a trap because of the bonds we're born into - as in it's better to have not existed. I do feel selfish leaving. But I would never think that if others. I feel selfish, knowing they'll suffer simply because they don't see death as the positive it can be. I used to just feel angry and want to push them away so they dont get hurt but Ive realised its unhealthy. It can actually all be happy. How about that. That is, unless they're dicks

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
They don't believe sane people would want to commit suicide, except if extremely Ill.
Family members can't accept is because they can't believe their loved one is that unhappy ... shame/guilt

Last edited:
Reactions: Singing In The Rain, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla and 2 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
They don't believe sane people would want to commit suicide, except if extremely I'll.
Family members can't accept is because they can't believe their loved one is that unhappy ... shame/guilt
If they really want your happiness, allay some guilt - first convince them that talking about problems can be theraputic - and then that that includes the topic of death and suicide to help someone who's chosen to die. Finally, if that theraputic value was merely to bring happiness to the end of an intolerable life, then they enabled the very best outcome, by accepting it, enabling open conversation that otherwise shuts doors for good

But society's too sick for that

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and worldexploder
Watson

Watson

Wats-on your mind?
Nov 28, 2018
They don't believe sane people would want to commit suicide, except if extremely I'll.

I agree. They can't accept the painful truth and can't understand the unbareable suffering.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla and Jodes
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Pretty much, and also the whole attachment to the person thing, like "being alive is a net positive and death is a net negative" bullshit.

Well said, the indoctrination is very strong, some say it's like a virus/drug that they get hooked on and sometimes are so heavily brainwashed they can't break out of it. Or those that have the capability to do so, refuse to and just want to cling onto them (e.g. some of the devout religious people IRL).

Reactions: Singing In The Rain, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla and 2 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Pretty much, and also the whole attachment to the person thing, like "being alive is a net positive and death is a net negative" bullshit.

Well said, the indoctrination is very strong, some say it's like a virus/drug that they get hooked on and sometimes are so heavily brainwashed they can't break out of it. Or those that have the capability to do so, refuse to and just want to cling onto them (e.g. some of the devout religious people IRL).
Thank you man. Most people seem to walk this earth as if they will live forever. Christians and atheists alike. I guess most people evolved into believing that "it gets better" when objectively it does not. Subjectively it can get better for some but that just keeps them motivated long enough to spread their genetics or have a better paying job. The "it gets better" doesn't last for long. The fact that everyone is going to die should convince the world that life is objectively and empirically a negative.

Optimists remind me of those who play the lottery. They may have spent 2000$ worth of tickets but if they win 500 dollars they believe they are winning when in reality they are still in the red.

Same with natalists. They are playing the lottery but instead of gambling on themselves they gamble with someone else's sentience. But their imposition is the "Golden ticket". They can't lose that right? Hence why people scoff at the right to die.

The late and great Jiwoon Hwang, who compared natalism to rape, CTB last month. He was only 23 years old and was a leader in the antinatalist movement. He said things that I was afraid to say out loud. He was WOKE to the realities of our imposition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Singing In The Rain, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Smilla and 1 other person