Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
i do. I think that is a big part of my inability to be social.

I've been isolated for long stretches of time over the past decade and it's like Ive lost my facial expressions due to never using them. I try and fake smile when I talk to others but I don't think it's working.

Reactions: Dani Paradox, Neon, DeathBecomesMe and 3 others
Q

QueenEtna

Gone
Jul 29, 2018
I have a resting bitch face, I always look angry which leads people to ask me whats wrong but most of the time nothing is.

Reactions: Dani Paradox, Ccre, Desperate_Soul and 2 others
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
I have resting bitch face. I'm not incapable of facial expressions but I conserve energy by being as plain as possible.

Reactions: Dani Paradox and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
blood orange

blood orange

Sep 14, 2018
Yes. For me, I fail to display an appropriate emotional response. So my face is the same but I also don't express myself appropriately.

Example: Someone tells joke (bad or unfunny) I just stare at them blank faced. Idk why I can't bring myself to smile or at least nod. I'm just waiting for the interaction to end.

Reactions: DeathBecomesMe, wiIIow, Volatile and 1 other person
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I have something wrong with frontal lobe. I often feel my facial expression totally frozen

Reactions: DeathBecomesMe
S

SomeGuyDK

Sep 17, 2018
On average I look dead inside, but forced to fake a smile, so people won't resent me and treat me worse.

wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
dude yes. It's a frustrating issue for me because I feel such strong emotions, and I always feel like I am expressing myself but I'm told that I am usually totally expressionless. I feel like I never really learned how to appropriately display my emotions outwardly due to being reclusive my entire life, and being conditioned to hold everything inside out of fear of repercussions. It sucks man. even therapists have been shocked when I describe the turbulent and agonising feelings inside, because I keep it together so well on the outside.

"but you seem so chill"

yeah... so chill... tell that to my horrifically high resting bpm lol. or maybe it's the near constant dissociation that does it... who knows.

Reactions: Dani Paradox, Volatile, DeathBecomesMe and 1 other person