W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You know, most of us are suicidal 24/7 but I've been living for the weekend for some months.

I'm working a lot and once I finish working on Friday night, the first song I play is "Friday, I'm in love" by The Cure lol.

Today, it's finally Saturday!
I woke up almost at 1pm!! It felt awesome but...things will be even better in some hours because it will be finally DRINKING BOOZE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will ctb and be suicidal no matter what happens to me but damn, living for the weekend is certainly helping me to move on somehow!

Can anybody relate? Are you drinking tonight? Hope you join me!! (I know many of you are from Europe so "tonight" for you would be in about 5 hours probably and that's when I'm planning to start drinking here in Argentina. Kinda early but I like talking to people on SS while getting drunk haha)

Btw, here's some music: :wink:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, In2TheVoid, brokenwaves and 6 others
Freakazette

Freakazette

May you find the light that was stolen from you.
May 18, 2021
Nope. Stayin' in. And I don't drink alchool either, apparently now it makes my head hurt right away ( am 30 ). On a spure of the moment, one morning, I buyed a bottle of Jack Daniels :haha: and found out that it's not for me anymore... Even though, before, it made me euphoric ( and more stupid :pfff: , laughing at many things )

Btw, you share really nice songs!

Peace,
Pirates Of The Caribbean Rum GIF

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I love that song, but the weekends are just the same misery for me. I simply exist, I never live. It is quite warm in the UK today which makes me feel worse. At least you have something to look forward too, I cannot stand alcohol, even the smell of it isn't nice. Life literally is so pointless, I just don't get why we have to exist in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Hurt, WornOutLife and 1 other person
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
Yes, I am drinking Baileys!

• Love
Reactions: Hurt and WornOutLife
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
I like weekends because home is quieter. I try to enjoy everyday but it costs me a lot. I am not grateful for being alive. So weekends are good because I have more tine for myself and less responsabilities.

• Love
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Nope. Stayin' in. And I don't drink alchool either, apparently now it makes my head hurt right away ( am 30 ). On a spure of the moment, one morning, I buyed a bottle of Jack Daniels :haha: and found out that it's not for me anymore... Even though, before, it made me euphoric ( and more stupid :pfff: , laughing at many things )

Btw, you share really nice songs!

Peace,

Hangovers are quite hellish for me now! I used to cope with them quite easily when I was younger haha.

I'm glad you like the songs I share You have good taste! ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: Freakazette
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
Not really, now that I'm out of school for the summer. The one thing that sets the weekend apart from everything else is for me is that I'm a self imposed diet with my "cheat days" being the weekends, so I have that to look forward to.

Still gotta wait another year and a half before I'm able to drink booze (AKA the cheaper alternative to therapy). Sigh. If I didn't live in the "land of the free" I could have started years ago.

• Hugs
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I like the Cure and that song you posted brings me so many feelings of nostalgia, reminds me of the times when I was a different person and more care-free, before chronic pain entered my life

I get a bit jealous of people who can have a drink, relax and just escape a bit from life's pressures. I can't drink at the moment because I have gastritis and alcohol will just irritate my stomach lining further.

I'm not jealous of people who get smashed though. I don't miss the inevitable brutal hangovers lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Bullit

Bullit

Mage
May 6, 2021
You should try the song "Living For the Weekend" by Wet Willie.
Living for the weekend/ do what you wanna do!
Good song to get drunk by

• Love
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You should try the song "Living For the Weekend" by Wet Willie.
Living for the weekend/ do what you wanna do!
Good song to get drunk by

I will!!
I also recommend this one by Hard-Fi which is awesome!!

Reactions: Bullit
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
For some bizarre reason, I'm immune to hangovers so I've never had to wait for the weekend to get drunk- I could do it every night of the week and no one would be able to tell. Unless i smell like it.
Love the cure btw

• Hugs
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
For some bizarre reason, I'm immune to hangovers so I've never had to wait for the weekend to get drunk- I could do it every night of the week and no one would be able to tell. Unless i smell like it.
Love the cure btw
You don't get hangovers? Lucky you. Are you still very young? That might have something to do with it.

• Hugs
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
You don't get hangovers? Lucky you. Are you still very young? That might have something to do with it.
About to turn 23, so maybe. I've never been able to experience a hangover even when I've challenged it.
Once I thought I had one, but I was told I fell face first onto a concrete floor and hit my head the night before and passed out.
So I think the mild headache was just from that accident. It took nearly an entire bottle of tequila + drinking various things all day to get to that point as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife and Pookie
P

paininme

Nov 17, 2020
I used to live for the weekend the drugs and drink numbed reality then over the past few years it turned into a few times a week then everyday now I'm just in a while trying to escape feeling reality

• Hugs