ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I remember reading somewhere on the internet a while back that depression and loneliness can negatively impact your physical health more than smoking does. I thought it was a load of rubbish until recently.

months back I used to play minecraft or black ops 2 or watch some sports in my spare time to cure my boredom, during that time I was losing weight because I was only eating 2-3 small meals a day.

in recent weeks my depression has gotten really bad, ive been miserable and don't have the motivation to do anything, including gaming or watching sports, it just doesn't interest me at all. Whenever im not at work im either browsing SS or doing nothing but staring at the ceiling. To fill in the time I make frequent trips to the fridge throughout the day and binge eat just to give myself something to do. In the last month alone I would have easily put on about 5kg (probably more).

I can finally see why so many people gain weight as they grow old, it's not so much physical restraints that cause them to gain weight (although that is obviously a factor), it's just the fact that they have nothing else to do in their spare time but eat.

I think a lot of people don't understand how much your mental state affects your physical state, it's insane.

do any of you have similar experiences?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WornOutLife, Scribble Fan, Élégie and 7 others
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
For me eating and drinking a lot of alcohol, both things that lead to weight gain, are the only things that feel good. So I've gained a LOT of weight :(

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Scribble Fan, Élégie, AppelduVide and 3 others
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Yes. It's always been an issue for me. Either binge eating or binge drinking. Sometimes it's because of boredom, sometimes it's because I have a horrible OCD attack and anxiety. I gained weight and I hate myself even more and it makes me even more depressed. It's a vicious cycle. I'm trying to get back in shape. I'm monitoring my calories and restricting food now. I also started to go to the gym and lift weights again. But it's hard, the progress is really slow. Sometimes I think why should I even try? I'm planning to ctb this summer. But I don't know if I'll have the strength to do it:(

• Love
Reactions: Shadowgeist, AppelduVide, ClownMe and 1 other person
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
For me eating and drinking a lot of alcohol, both things that lead to weight gain, are the only things that feel good. So I've gained a LOT of weight :(
I'm really sorry to hear that :'(

Reactions: RedHarlequin
SweetDreams500

SweetDreams500

Narcissistic gay NEETcel
Apr 4, 2021
Definitely. I'm over 250 lbs because of it

Reactions: Boochky
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
Yeah, it's always been my coping mechanism. I eat when I'm stressed out/depressed/bored, it's my only comfort next to drinking alcohol.
And losing weight doesn't make me feel any better. I hate counting calories and being hungry all the time, so I eventually say fuck it and give up. My longest "diet" lasted 6 months - I gained the weight back up in like 1.5, lmao.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie and ClownMe
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think I had a phase of eating lots of chocolate at one point - I think it is a way to try fill the empty void within us and I found it satisfying. Now I struggle to enjoy food at all really.

• Hugs
Reactions: Scribble Fan, Élégie, demuic and 2 others
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Yep hence me hitting my heaviest at 12.4 stone size U.K. 12. I feel disgusting.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, killedbypsychiatry and ClownMe
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
I am ahead of everyone; I gain weight without binge eating.

• Hugs
Reactions: SweetDreams500 and killedbypsychiatry
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
Eating is basically the only thing that gives me proper joy anymore. Which causes huge anxiety for me. I have always thought that if I am not skinny, I am worthless. So I could never allow myself to eat as much as I want (which is a LOT and all the time).

I workout 5-6 times a week and take long daily walks just to keep the weight off. But lately the binge eating has gotten worse and I'm having trouble keeping up. And even now, even though I know for sure I'll be dead in a couple of months, I just cannot handle the thought of having to go a size up or anything like that. Which makes me more depressed and anxious which makes me want to eat more which makes me more depressed and anxious which makes me...

It feels like literal torture. ;-;

• Aww..
Reactions: killedbypsychiatry and ClownMe
killedbypsychiatry

killedbypsychiatry

drugging kids is abuse
Jan 27, 2021
yes :( food is the only thing my anhedonic brain can feel, everything else I used to enjoy (running, art, studying, walks, etc) lost its magic after my brain damage. So I'm bored all of the time and use food to cope

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, demuic and hahabye
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yeah, I was practically living on a junk food diet for years. I have started eating cleaner now. Crazy, trying to get healthy because I know sooner or later I won't even have a body to concern myself with haha

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, I used to do it lots and gained more than 50 pounds during the 3 years I was extremely depressed! (In some other cases, depression makes you get really slim but that's clearly not what happened to me lol)

Now, I've starting losing weight in spite of not working out at all. (water and eating less help)

Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
Yes, eating has been my only source of pleasure. I have gained a lot of weight.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie
listeningpost1379

listeningpost1379

enduring winter
Apr 20, 2019
yes, im constantly eating, to regulate my mood if nothing else. even when i dont find the taste all that good anymore, eating comforts me. i grew up poor and hungry so my brain thinks food intake = all is good, im safe and sound.

i used to be underweight, when i first became able to afford to eat all i want, i gained a lot fast then my body adjusted and my weight has remained stable ever since.