L

Lorraine

Nov 19, 2020
I'm having one of those moments when I feel that I am alone in the Universe. I recognize, of course, that this is in no way plausible. But, sometimes, that is how I feel. I usually listen to 80s music when these moments occur. Or old school Elton.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, FuneralCry, Beachedwhale and 7 others
L

losteverthing

May 21, 2021
i'm sorry you feel that way
sadly i know how it is
because i've lost everything in my life, my lovely wife, friends, + i have no family at all
i'm truly alone in this world, and it hurts so bad...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: death137, lobster salad, faex42 and 3 others
V

virginiawoolf

Feb 7, 2021
we are all alone together on this site. in this world too.

• Love
Reactions: Symbiote, losteverthing and heretogethelp
faex42

faex42

Experienced
Oct 19, 2018
The lifting of restrictions imposed by the pandemic brought home just how alone I really am. People asked me about plans for the holiday weekend and I was embarrassed to tell them the truth: The thought of making plans never occurred to me. I don't have anyone to make plans with.

I was in rehab for cancer this time last year. My mother died on April 9 while I was receiving my last infusion of chemotherapy. I know she had wanted to leave this world for some time. My obligation to her had kept me alive for years before I was hospitalized. )As well as an effective depressant.)
Because of Covid I was in sort of a double lock down. I couldn't leave my room except to go back to the hospital which was a short walk away. I was more connected just by phone with friends and relatives than I am now. I also believed that I would eventually be returning to work where there was something of a community. (There really wasn't) The person at work responsible for making me feel wanted died just as I was getting ready to return. I never did "return," We've all been working remotely. He was the only person who worked out of the office. I was too immunosuppressed to be around people.
I admit my complicity in my present state. I get bored with the same old conversations. The pandemic compelled me to reach out more, but I was taping into networks that were already well established. I really didn't although belong they were kind enough to let me participate. They're more open with each other than they are with me so the conversations were superficial.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beachedwhale, Symbiote and lobster salad
D

deathisnear

Experienced
May 23, 2021
I can relate. I am surrounded by "people who care" yet I feel more alone than ever. I am so empty and so dead inside, have been for so long. I hate people, I don't want anyone to care, I just want to die in peace and be forgotten forever.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad and faex42
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I felt exactly like you yesterday, thanks to a "lovely" stomachache which was gonna kill me.
I was like: "I guess I'm all alone and this universe doesn't give a sh*t about me" lol

• Hugs
Reactions: faex42
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I often feel like that as I spend so much time stuck with my own thoughts. I feel so disconnected from this life and other people. This life simply wasn't meant for me, I have no place here, it just doesn't feel right. Death is my freedom, my escape and I know that is where I belong.

• Hugs
Reactions: faex42